android
Old 08-12-2008, 02:50 PM

Default Creative Centrale Problems

When I installed Centrale, it seemed to randomly find tracks with Mp3 files in them. I had specific folders to include, and wished to exclude everything else on my system (the X-Fi is for motorcycle riding only, and I only want my rock stuff on it).

Anyway, I now have stuff like my mp3 ringtones for my Treo included in my library, and removing the folders in the system settings did not remove them from the library.

Does anyone know how to rebuild the library in Centrale, so I can include only the folders/files that I want? I can't seem to find a way to do that.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-22-2008, 11:28 AM

Default P*** poor software

I have to say the zen x-fi video conversion program is a piece of c*** (and dont get me started on creative centrale...its a shame I can't use the ZEN V media explorer!!)

Now my computer isn't too bad spec wise, its good enough to happily run CnC 3. But does it like the zen x-fi video conversion program NO!!!

If I want to convert more than 1 file it can take up to 5 minutes for the for the files to appear in the list....it then can take another five minutes to show the next screen after I press next!!!! It takes time to refresh the window if I change the encoding rates....

I am even having problems typing this post as IE is runing slow.

I suspect they haven't tested the software properly as is works better on my lower spec laptop!!

Computer spec
XP-Pro
1gig ram
VIA KT600 mobo
AMD 2800+

Laptop spec
XP-pro
512mb ram
intel chipset
1.3ghz CeleronM

Its just started to convert something....this bit seems to work!!!!

Old 08-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Being the software is working better on your laptop it is not the software. Chances are your desktop's hard drive is thrashing or there is a process that is consuming close to 100% utilization. Try restarting your desktop and try it out again with no other applications running.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:04 PM

I've looked at the processes that are running but there isn't anything that is hogging resources.

The software set up laptop is very similar so I don't think its a software problem. I've a nasty suspicion that it could be the VIA chipset......which brings us back to inadequate testing...

Old 08-22-2008, 12:24 PM

I have to confess....there is one advantage of using this program....file sizes are good. I've got a copy of Arcsoft Media Converter 2. I converted some AVIs to WMV using the Zen Vision settings and they were larger than the files from zen x-fi video converter so its not all bad!!

Old 08-22-2008, 12:42 PM

Yes I have the same problem as you

Files takes around 30 seconds to appear on the list.

Creative needs to tweak the converter software a bit

Old 08-22-2008, 12:47 PM

glad I'm not the only one!!!

Old 08-22-2008, 01:00 PM

Most conversion software sucks for ANY player, it's free, what do you expect. That's why you find out the specs for video on your player, and use a real video encoder. I use Sony Vegas.

Creative Central does lag a little updating the library, but I only use it to transfer album art, so it's no big deal, drag and drop is your friend.

Old 08-22-2008, 05:07 PM

I have to retract being in favour of zen x-fi video converter.....ok it may produce smaller files......but the sound quality sucks....I think I will stick with Arcsoft Media Converter 2

Old 08-27-2008, 10:36 AM

Default Poor Video conversion via Centrale

I have tried to convert various downloaded xvid and wmv onto my x-fi via Centrale, but failed. The files have audio, but a black screen. Any hints - such as using Super to convert to a particular format or other video conversion software?

Old 08-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Banned

Super C audio converter is certainly the way to go in case you have failed doing so through centrale (it sucks anyway).

SUPER Settings

1. Select the Output container: AVI
2. Select the Output Video Encoder: DivX
3. Select the Output Audio Codec: MP3

You may select ffmpeg OR MEncoder: MEncoder

Video
Video Scale Size: 320:240
Aspect: 4:3
Frame/Sec: 25
Bitrate kbps: 1008
Options: High Quality / 48k audio

Audio
Sampling Freq: 44100
Channels: 2
Bitrate kbps: 128

Once you've selected all the settings, just drag and drop your video files on to the Super interface, and click "Encode (Active Files)" (pictured below). The "Rendered file optimizer" will pop up, select "DIVX - All DivX Players compatible!".

By default Super saves encoded files directly on your C: drive, you can change this location by right clicking on Super and selecting, "Output File Saving Management".

BUT BUT BUT

The converter on the website of zen is a lot better than super C too, since it saves you of quite a few hassles and also, allows ou several more options in a simplified manner:

Here is the link:
http://support.creative.com/Products...Fi+16GB%2f32GB.

Best of luck.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Banned

BTW credit to KINGONE from nothingbutcreative.blogspot.com/

Old 08-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Banned

Creative Centrale = biggest piece of crap ever!

Old 08-28-2008, 09:41 AM

Agreed I avoid it like the plague. Good job theres other software out there or I would of returned it if I was forced to use Centrale.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:27 AM

Default Creative Centrale installed, but won't open (XP)

I just bought the x-fi and installed the Centrale software, but it will not open. I have a dual-boot rig with XP and Vista and have installed it on both, but it will only open on Vista.
I also have a ZVM for which I have the ZVM Explorer software installed on XP, so I'm not sure if the two are conflicting (ZVM Explorer works on XP).
Any ideas on why Centrale will not open on XP? Tried turning off all anti-virus/firewalls, it didn't help.

Thanks

Old 08-29-2008, 10:39 AM
Banned

Download the latest version from the website instead. Honestly though, its probably the worst media manager program ever released, I wouldn't even be using it. WMP and MediaMonkey is way better.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:51 AM

@akarol
lol I dont think it is worse than Sonicstage.

Old 08-30-2008, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarol View Post
Download the latest version from the website instead. Honestly though, its probably the worst media manager program ever released, I wouldn't even be using it. WMP and MediaMonkey is way better.
I just wonder what so bad about the software? 'cos I'm quite reluctant to use WMP and Mediamonkey as there are not as good also...

Old 08-31-2008, 10:51 AM
Banned

MediaMonkey is actually really good. I started using it with the X-Fi the last days I had it and use it with my D2 now. For sync'ing, it does the best job at the fastest rate. I also love the tagging features it has. I'm pretty anal about the format of my filenames and ID3 tags and being able to edit both within the same screen is huge to me.

WMP isn't that bad. For sync'ing and organizing music, it'll do the job.

Old 09-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Banned

you hardly need centrale though.all you need it for is organizer and stuff....else get a converter...from their website.and that s all u need.u can drag and drop.and even use windows media player.