android
Old 09-03-2008, 04:04 AM

Default Hardware problem?

Hey there, i'm new to this forum. Been searching for a solution to my problem, hope i'll get one from here =)

i'm using a Creative Vision M 30GB. bought it in June 2006.

I don't know how this happened, but i turned it off for a while. then i turned it on the next moment and this happened:

the control buttons seem to be "jumbled up" with one another. for example, when i press the play/pause button, it will function as the button on the bottom left corner, which is back to previous menu. and the button to return to the "now playing" menu becomes the selection button, which is what happens if you were to touch the centre of the touchpad.

other than this, everything else is working just fine. no audio problems, no display problems etc.

i can still function this player of mine, but i have to find a different way to access to music and play it. but its a bit disturbing on the other hand.

tried upgrading firmware, rebooting, but not yet reformatting because i dun tink it will work anyway. i've read the threads before this, and i can conclude that i either have to go to the servicing centre or try opening it up myself. if i take the 2nd option, i'm clueless of what to do then. or are there any other suggestions?

any help is greatly appreciated really. thank you very much.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-03-2008, 08:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello kizo7. Welcome to ABI. I would start by checking out this thread. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 09-03-2008, 10:33 AM

thanks bob, but i've already checked it out earlier before posting this thread.. however the problem still persists..

i'm going to the shop directly, as i am not confident of opening it up myself which may cause more destruction if something bad goes wrong..

anw, thanks, you've been of great help

Old 09-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Ok, no problem. Good luck with getting it repaired. Let us know how it goes for you.

Zen FAQ