android
Old 09-02-2008, 10:34 PM

Default just bought a 4g fuze :]!!

well i found a store with them in stock! finally! wall mart, circuit city, best buy, alot of places were out of fuze's or had the prices jacked up (office max, bestbuy lol) i got a 4g black one at target :] wall mart was getting in more red, blue watever ones in a few days..but i couldnt wait!! lol. im snychin my 500 some files to it right now.. :]]

but i didnt have enough for some decent headphones there so ill be using the stock ones for a bit :\. ive been reading all over this fourm and the marshmellows look like a great deal for 20$? i saw those at wall mart and the skull candies 15$ and 30$ versions at target but im not sure what to get. i had some "gummies" but when i turn them high with any bass at all they start twitching,shaking causing horrible noises lmao..but i did have those for a long time. so what are your suggestions on skull candies vs marshmellows? both sound tasty to me

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I think Skullcandy headphones are not good. The Marshmallows are OK, but I like the Air Cushions more tho.

Old 09-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

yayyy i just got a fuze too!! *high five* =)

and if you rcomparing marshmallows to skullcandy, go for marshmallows.
they sound better (even tho they look much worse IMO)

i also think, at least to me, that the sound difference between these lower end earphones are almost indiscernable (is this the right word?) for casual listening so it really doesnt matter =P

Old 09-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Enjoy the Fuze! My Fuze sounds great with Sennheiser MX400 earphones. These often sell for $8-12. Imo this is the best deal in budget earphones. The MX500 is similar, but has a volume control in the cord. These are older models and the supply of these are starting to disappear. Avoid the MX300 though.

Earphones, even low priced ones sound very different. Some brands like Sony for example have most of their models a bit on the bright side with less bass, while the Sennheiser MX400 and MX500 have more bass and a bit less treble(the bass sounds natural, and not boomy). Is the MX400 perfect? No way. I haven't found another earphone under $15 that comes close to it though in sound quality. i have many models of earphones I accumulated over the past 15 years. Some retailed for as much as $80. Some of the more expensive ones disappointed me, while I enjoyed some of the less expensive ones(like the MX400 and MX500).

Old 09-03-2008, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
Enjoy the Fuze! My Fuze sounds great with Sennheiser MX400 earphones. These often sell for $8-12. Imo this is the best deal in budget earphones. The MX500 is similar, but has a volume control in the cord. These are older models and the supply of these are starting to disappear.
well i cant really buy anything online unless with money order.. so do many stores sell sennheiser? cus i havent really heard of them till i joined this forum, lol. but they sound good

Old 09-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Earphones, even low priced ones sound very different. Some brands like Sony for example have most of their models a bit on the bright side with less bass, while the Sennheiser MX400 and MX500 have more bass and a bit less treble(the bass sounds natural, and not boomy). Is the MX400 perfect? No way. I haven't found another earphone under $15 that comes close to it though in sound quality. i have many models of earphones I accumulated over the past 15 years. Some retailed for as much as $80. Some of the more expensive ones disappointed me, while I enjoyed some of the less expensive ones(like the MX400 and MX500).
disagreements like these is EXACTLY why you need to try them for yourself before you buy, because just because one person like it, doesnt mean you will =P

Old 09-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Some better stores stock Sennheiser earphones, but they may not have the older models such as the MX400 or MX500. You don't have a friend or relative with a credit card who could order it online for you, and you could reimburse?

Old 09-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

"disagreements like these is EXACTLY why you need to try them for yourself before you buy, because just because one person like it, doesnt mean you will =P"

That is good advice for full sized headphones, but not for earphones. Demoing earphones? That sounds very unsanitary. I doubt that any reasonable stores would allow this, unless they are very expensive earphones, and the store has a strict proceedure for sterilizing them between demonstrations.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

i use Sennheiser MX-500's and MX-660's on my clip and e280 and i think they sound great for the price

Old 09-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
"disagreements like these is EXACTLY why you need to try them for yourself before you buy, because just because one person like it, doesnt mean you will =P"

That is good advice for full sized headphones, but not for earphones. Demoing earphones? That sounds very unsanitary. I doubt that any reasonable stores would allow this, unless they are very expensive earphones, and the store has a strict proceedure for sterilizing them between demonstrations.
no, i mean like, find a friend who has them or sumthing similar and trying theirs to see if you like it or not

i guess my ability to construct proper english sentences is very limited =/