android
Old 09-09-2008, 12:46 PM

Unhappy screen is blank after reset

this morning my mp3 player took a little bit of a tumble, but the music still played after the screen went blank for a second and then came back on. only thing is the volume bar was always on and was always at 25. i could hold the down part of the touch pad and the volume would go down but as soon as i let go it would go back to 25. so then i reset the player and now the blue light is on as if the power is on but the screen is blank and nothing is working. any idea on what i can do to fix it? i think the volume button or something is stuck and its keeping it from restarting. my luck it is probably broken and has to get fixed, in which case how much does creative charge to fix an mp3 player that is no longer under warranty, the player is about a year and a half old.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello fit4demolition. Welcome. It sounds like the touchpad connection may just be loose. You may want to try opening up the ZVM and checking or even reseating the connector. While you are in there, I would check the connection for the LCD and battery as well.

These should help:
Here is the ABI disassembly guide.
Here is a video of a disassembly.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-10-2008, 02:44 AM

a-ha, it works! thanks for the advice, but i didnt actually need it i dont think. i pried off the top and when i tried to pry off the bottom the tool i was using hit the reset button and the player actually restarted and rebuilt. and the volume and everything works fine. what luck! thanks anyway, im sure in the future i will need to find out how to take it apart again.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey that's no problem. Good to hear you got it working again. Enjoy!

Zen FAQ