android
Old 09-06-2008, 05:29 AM

Default Downgrade from 3.06 EU to 3.03 EU?

Is there any way to downgrade my T10 from firmware 3.06 EU to 3.03 EU? That becouse I'd like to try to install hacked 3.03 KR UMS firmware but it's now impossible with newer firmware. Or is there hacked 3.06 KR UMS firmware somewhere?

I really want to try Korean firmware becouse EU firmware doesn't support tags in Ogg Vorbis and I've over 400 Ogg Vorbis tracks...

Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Samsung Moderator

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=30116

Old 09-07-2008, 07:41 AM

tcctool just doesn't work for me. Even my T10 says after runnig tcctool "Checking firmware" and then upgrade it, firmware is still 3.06 EU. I tried 3.03 EU and 3.06 KR but same problem allways.

No idea what I'm doing wrong but tcctool doesn't work... :S

So is there any other ways to downgrade or get Korean firmware to T10 with 3.06 EU?

Edit: I really don't understand what tcctool is doing for my player. I downloaded 3.06 MTC firmware from http://www.emodio.com and tried to install it by tcctool. My player still says that firmware is 3.06 EU but now I have new GUI themes from new firmware. It seems my firmware version is something between offical 3.06 EU and that firmware I downloaded from emodio.

After all, no reason to party. Tags in Ogg Vorbis tracks are still some chinese symbols. Any ideas?

Last edited by BBTW; 09-07-2008 at 09:52 AM.

Old 09-08-2008, 03:55 AM

Run tcctool from the BAT file, copy Both ROM & RSC files to the T10 DATA Folder, don't forget you do need to Reboot the T10 With the Power on switch & the Reset switch, Windows will ask for the drivers, but only for the First time you do this, and Manually point the Windows found new haware to the tcctool-driver-win32 driver.

This is what it should look like, use any folder name for C:\xxx

Just double click on the BAT file.

C:\xxx\tcctool-driver-win32
C:\xxx\patch_it.bat
C:\xxx\readme.txt
C:\xxx\T10V.ROM
C:\xxx\T10V.RSC
C:\xxx\tcctool.exe
C:\xxx\tcctool-windows.txt

Old 09-08-2008, 04:49 AM

The Tags in Ogg Vorbis I think you will find don't work on any version, even AAC is very limitted no Album/Art support or Folder support.

Old 09-08-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipdisk View Post
The Tags in Ogg Vorbis I think you will find don't work on any version, even AAC is very limitted no Album/Art support or Folder support.
I have done several times just like u explained but player allways says something about invalid version. It still ugrade RCS file after that... I don't know what goes wrong.

If vorbis comments are not supported in any firmware I have no need to KR firmware. Just have to wait if Samsung will release new firmware some day. I wrote to Samsung about support for vorbis comments and got a short answer. They told that they think about my proposition and maeby support will be included in some firmware in future.

I can just hope and wait...

Old 09-10-2008, 11:09 AM

Ok, I finally got 3.03 KR firmware work and now my T10 is UMS device and best of all it shows vorbis comments perfectly!
Thank you all here... I really love this player now

Tags
downgrade firmware