android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 09-11-2008, 05:42 PM

Default Rebuilding Every boot up, No radio signal, and more!

I have a creative zen vision M 60gb. Currently the problem that is annoying me the most, is that every time that I turn it on, it takes it about 10 minutes to rebuild the library.
The exception to this is if I have already turned it on and rebuilt within a few hours. I have tried going into recovery mode to clean up, numerous times with no success. I have even tried cleaning it up, twice in a row. These things haven't worked. The only thing that has resulted from this is now, sometimes after it is finished being rebuilt, my settings have resorted back to default including: wallpaper, and the function of the programmable button, and the now playing screen says "Select music to PLAY from the Music Library" as if it is the first time using it. This screen doesn't change after I select music and start to play it. It displays no information about the current music. IN addition to this, (and this is the most recent problem) the play/pause button seems to work only when it feels like it. Not only have I tried cleaning it up probably 10 times, but I've also reloaded the most recent firmware straight off the creative sight. But to no avail, nothing changed. Is there anything that I can do to try to fix this, short of a full reformat, and reloading of all music?
There aren't any connectivity issues, I don't have much problem getting it connected to the computer, or at least didn't the last time I reloaded the firmware (2 weeks ago maybe?) I just don't want to have to reformat, then reload firmware, and then reload the whole library.

Another thing; The FM radio, doesn't work, I can access it, but I get 0 of the three bars of reception, it won't access a station, but I still hear static. Which makes me think that it's not entirely broken.

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-12-2008, 02:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello zackus. Welcome.

Quote:
Is there anything that I can do to try to fix this, short of a full reformat, and reloading of all music?
At this point, I'm thinking no. Hopefully a Format will correct the issue. If not, the ZVM may be experiencing the beginnings of a failing hard drive.

When you say reloaded firmware, did you do so from within Recovery Mode? If not, I would try that before a Format and then followup with a Cleanup. If you have, then it looks like a Format will be needed to fix the more serious file system issues it may be having.

Zen FAQ