android
Old 09-13-2008, 03:46 PM

Default Wow, so much stuff

Thank you so much for all the work you have done it save a heck of a lot of hunting for what one needs. Kudos.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello adelmida. Welcome to ABI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelomida View Post
a truly great FAQ there. it surpasses even the knowledge base of creative themselves.
Thank you for the kind words! I'm happy you found it usefull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelomida View Post
yet I have this problem that I can not get around with my creative ZEN 16GB. I just purchased the player, and I installed the creative software on the disk. my PC didn't recognize it (I have WinXP sp2 and a fairly new PC). so, I inserted an SD card to test my player with it. it read the mp3s on the SD card fine. I tried the (import all) option and while it was (importing) I choosed to abort importing the files then it freezed and stopped responding displaying and aborting message. I removed the card, and I pushed the reset button. the player turned off and from that moment it does not turn back on again. I tried all the methods displayed above with no success. whenever I plug my player into the USB port, my win recognizes it as an HID compliant device and that's all.
I would appreciate any suggestions.
thanx again.
Do you have another computer to try connecting the Zen to and see how it gets recognized. I'm curious if the issue follows the Zen. If it doesn't, then we know the problem is on your computer. If it does, then the issue is with the Zen. Also, if you boot the Zen into Recovery Mode and then plug it into the computer, does it get detected the same?

Zen FAQ

Old 10-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Thank you so much for all the work you have done it save a heck of a lot of hunting for what one needs. Kudos.
Thank you Paul L! Welcome.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-03-2008, 03:25 AM

I've just ordered a Zen, thanks very much for this it's very very good.
One quick question, when using the DVDfab it splits the VOB file up and then you have to convert the 3 separate files into three AVI files. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks once again, keep up the good work.

David

Old 10-03-2008, 07:35 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello dgoring. Welcome to ABI. Thank you for the compliments. Yes this is normal. You can check this thread/page for more information. Enjoy!

Zen FAQ

Old 10-03-2008, 07:44 AM

Thanks for the very prompt reply, the guide you set out is very easy to understand. Bought 2 Zen's one for myself and one for my son for his birthday. £45 each incuding shipping from amazon UK.
So I was going to load it up for him with his favourite films and podcsts/music before his birthday
Thanks for your help, I'll wait till the players come to see if it's worth joining them again.
Will browse through the forums as there are some interesting threads here.

Again thanks for your help and effort you put into the original posting.....

Old 10-03-2008, 07:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey no problem. Happy to help. I'm sure your son will enjoy his gift. Enjoy the Zen and ABI!

Zen FAQ

Old 10-13-2008, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
This FAQ is not intended to cover all issues that are addressed by firmware releases to date. For more information regarding the Zenís firmware and their fixes, please see the firmware release threads throughout the Zen Forum. Your questions/problems may be addressed there as well..

Well, the question it answered was should I give up and send this thing back! Must of taken me as long to find this as it did for you to complie all of this!

Excellent help, I'm happier now and off to try all the info here; not only do I have a starting place - I'm where I should have been after trying to figure this out for a few days!

Thanks again!

Old 10-13-2008, 09:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome ZenKin!. Happy to help. Good luck and enjoy the Zen!

Zen FAQ

Old 11-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

UPDATE: I just did a massive overhaul again by adding a lot of new information.

I also moved the Zen FAQ to the main Zen Forum and made it a sticky'd thread and had the Zen FAQ sub-forum removed. This should get the FAQ for exposure.

Enjoy!

Zen FAQ

Old 01-02-2009, 01:33 PM

Default Hey there

I am having sooo many problems trying to download videos onto my Zen. I read everything you wrote, but I only have Windows Media Player and I used the FLV Video Player to download my videos from Youtube. But I do not know how to convert it so that Windows Media will sync it onto my Zen. PLEASE, help me!

Last edited by BobbyRS; 01-02-2009 at 01:50 PM.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome Tessa12345. There is step by step directions and options listed above in the FAQ just for this issue. You may want to check out the Video sub-forum for more help and information regarding video conversion. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 01-02-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Welcome Tessa12345. There is step by step directions and options listed above in the FAQ just for this issue. You may want to check out the Video sub-forum for more help and information regarding video conversion. Good luck!

Will you please give me some links or something? I'm very very bad at this stuff ^^

Old 01-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa12345 View Post
Will you please give me some links or something? I'm very very bad at this stuff ^^
There was one in my reply. Check out all of the sticky threads in the Zen Video sub-forum.

Zen FAQ

Old 03-20-2009, 09:31 AM

Dear Bobby,,
Its been a great pleasure to have people like you around.I am writing from India i had a natural repel from IPOd and i never wanted to use it.Its your forum that made me understand that life exists beyond IPOd and thus a I am a proud owner of ZenVision M-30GB.
Thnx to the immence research of you which give me clear direction of getting used to ZEN.

thnx a lot BRO.

VIVA LA CREATIVE

Old 03-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thank you Rudy Max for the complement and congrats on getting a Zen! Welcome aboard.

Zen FAQ

Old 04-04-2009, 08:36 AM

Help A tiny question to add to your FAQ...

Dear BobbyRS,

Thank you very much for your informative and well-organized FAQ.

I read the entire FAQ and searched the ZEN's subforum too, but couldn't find the answer to this question:

As you know the display remains lit while charging through the USB port, does this hurt the battery? is there any way I can turn it off when charging?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmadster View Post
Dear BobbyRS,

Thank you very much for your informative and well-organized FAQ.
Thank you. You're quite welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmadster View Post
As you know the display remains lit while charging through the USB port, does this hurt the battery? is there any way I can turn it off when charging?
No, it won't hurt the battery and there is no need to turn the display off for the battery's sake. You can change the brightness and the backlight timer if you like.

Zen FAQ

Old 05-01-2009, 06:42 AM

Some more info for the FAQ...

I've just updated my firmware from 1.21.01e (European) to 1.21.03 (US) to check out the volume increase. The max volume does increase, but only by about 4dB. This is a noticeable, but not huge, increase over the restricted European volume. 4dB is equivalent to 2 steps on the Zen's 0-25 volume scale, so it's like having European firmware with the volume maxing out at 27.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:36 PM

Default SD Card - please insert a disc

Hi Bobby,

Just bought a zen a couple of weeks ago. I'm really happy with it so far. Your FAQ thread is great and has really helped me out a lot. I converted a DVD last week and it plays without any problems . However, i bought an SD card today and wanted to figure how to use it. I followed your instructions but when i clicked on the removable disc in explorer the computer asked me to 'insert a disc in drive F'. The zen was already connected of course and i had chosen the memory card function as instructed. So, now i'm totally confused .

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Finn

Tags
zen wsod issue creative