android
Old 09-15-2008, 09:06 PM

Default Should I trash my ZEN or fix it?

My Zen is messed up again... Dealing with the screen again... But this time... it's not because it's disconnected... This time, its the screen... I know I have to buy a new screen... But I dont know what happened this time! Hurricane Ike came to Houston and it shut off all the power including a/c. It was on top of my bed and the next day it was laying on my bed in the same spot and when I turned it on! The screen messed up! My parents said the heat inside the house messed it up...What do you think?

Also, how much would a new screen cost? Do you think I could find a new screen for my Zen? Also, do you think I should trash it and find a new player or what?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SSPX0101.jpg (24.3 KB, 14 views)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-15-2008, 10:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Try buying a broken one off ebay, and then trying to replace the screen, if that doesn't work then you are not out a HUGE amount of money sending it to Creative for repair
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 09-15-2008, 10:20 PM

Can't buy off of ebay... My parents are scared that the seller will take their card number and steal their identity and buy bunch of other things......

Old 09-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Then looks like you might want to contact Creative. OR you could look for a new player!
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 09-15-2008, 11:32 PM

Creative is wayyyyy too expensive and I was trying to avoid the "look for a new player" thing because I can't really find any mp3 players that can hold 30gb except for those iPods....And I really dont want an iPod.....

Old 09-16-2008, 03:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN_Deniece View Post
Creative is wayyyyy too expensive and I was trying to avoid the "look for a new player" thing because I can't really find any mp3 players that can hold 30gb except for those iPods....And I really dont want an iPod.....
That's why you use PayPal to buy things on Ebay also usefull for other sites too. Sellers NEVER have your card info & you can send money to anyone with an email addy kinda like western union without the huge fee to do so. Go to Paypal.com & check it out. I only buy from sellers that except PayPal

Last edited by BobbyRS; 09-16-2008 at 12:40 PM. Reason: more info

Old 09-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, either:

- you can not do anything
- have it repaired (by Creative or anyone else)
- repair it yourself
- purchase new player

It will take money to do any of the options above except for the first one. The best place to find spare parts are places like EBay (as-is sales) or do a search on Google for Zen Parts or Zen Repair to find places that sells parts or services.

Zen FAQ