android
Old 08-14-2007, 09:37 PM

wow $7 for some little speakers like that and they sound great? I may just have to check these out, haven't tried the other ones, but these also look nice, so maybe

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-15-2007, 11:35 AM

Let alone the other bells and whistles, I've been having a hard time finding aftermarket ZVM stand-up dock. Creative is the only company that makes it and it sells for 30 bucks just for a freakin dock.
I've seen way too many kinds of accessories for ipod but none specific for ZVM other than cables. My theory is due to Creative's habit of not giving sense of security to 3rd parties by phasing out products and not holding on to a standard.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:30 AM

Ok, my verdict...the speakers sound so much better with the Zen than my computer's onboard soundcard. I guess cause the Zen drives more power to them. Definitely recommend these babies!! You can even hear them clearly while in the shower.

Old 08-16-2007, 05:32 PM

Amazon.co.uk sells the standard dock:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zen-Vision-M...7303493&sr=8-1

Thanks for the info. Creative's docks and speakers, however are bloody expensive. so this road is a dead end for me!

Old 08-23-2007, 10:26 AM

i use those for my D2 at volume 22 to 41 and they sound great. not the best for bass but they do a somewhat good job for that i guess. listening to Linkin Park i did notice some bass from the speakers. i'm happy i bought these.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:08 PM

I would like to see a comparison beween these and the popz, if they're as good as you guys think they are I'll try them out, i'm going school supply shoping tonight and I can spend up to 40$ on something, so I'll take a look see

Old 08-25-2007, 02:55 AM

Location: avondale arizona.. better then where i use to live..

i was just out eating at dennys when i looked across the street and saw a wally world not to far. so i when there and found these speakers.. i must say. they are amazing for the price! they sound better then my stereo in my truck.. but its a 93 ford X'ploder with a stock system.. which i find funny.
newest member is a Sansa Express 1GB

Old 09-03-2007, 12:13 PM

Ya'll are crazy. I have a pair of these speakers and they sound incredibly tinny on anything that I pair them with.

Old 09-03-2007, 05:24 PM

Yeah...I agree. These do sound pretty good. I got a pair myself. For what they are and what you pay, there pretty hard to beat.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:57 PM

Default PlayDock or small dock with good speakers?

I am currently bidding on a Playdock Zen on Ebay but the price is quickly rising.

Is the playdock worth it (closing in $200) or am I better off just buying a 30g dock from Amazon and a good set of portable speakers?

If I go, the speaker route, can anyon recommend a 2.1 set?

The main use will be on my desk at work.

Thanks!

Old 08-26-2008, 09:23 AM

Went and listened to some speakers last night after seeing the Ebay bidding on the playdock run up to $255. Why someone would pay that much for the playdock is beyond me. I was blown away by the Altec lansing VS2421.

I decided to get the Altec Lansing VS2421 speakers, the Dock and the dock power cable. All for under $100.

Now, one funky thing I noticed when playing with the dongle and av out. I can not control the volume using the Vision M touch pad, only the volume on the speakers. This doesn't both me in the least as the sound quality is far better than using the headphones jack.

A) is this normal?
B) can I expect the same when connecting the dock to the AUX input on the VS2421 wired remote? It won't be a problem as I love the volume control on the wired remote.

Thanks

Old 09-18-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Now, one funky thing I noticed when playing with the dongle and av out. I can not control the volume using the Vision M touch pad, only the volume on the speakers. This doesn't both me in the least as the sound quality is far better than using the headphones jack.

A) is this normal?
B) can I expect the same when connecting the dock to the AUX input on the VS2421 wired remote? It won't be a problem as I love the volume control on the wired remote.
The answer to part A: The volume control on the ZVM only controls the headphone jack. The dock does not have any control other than video out. You will need to disable the video out when connecting to your speakers or the display will blank.
The answer to part B: You will have the same thing happen have connecting the dock to the AUX input on the vs2421 remote.

Last edited by BobbyRS; 09-18-2008 at 04:14 PM.

Old 09-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaware74b View Post
You will need to disable the video out when connecting to your speakers or the display will blank.
Settings -> Photo/Video Settings -> Video OutSet to; Off

Just in case anyone was wondering.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-10-2009, 07:44 PM

Default Vision M speakers

I am looking for something similar to a playdock zDock 500 to to play my zen through but cant't find a playdock and not sure if I want to after reading some of the posts in the forum. Is there anything else I can buy to listen to my zen about the house etc. Love my zen but there are so many more options for the ipods. will stick with my zen though. Never liked being one of the crowd. Its a vision m 30gb I have. Something portable would be better but would settle for something for the house.Thanks

Old 01-10-2009, 08:50 PM

Do you have a receiver or a portable boom box that has aux? Thats how I do it at times.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 01-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thread merged with existing Speakers thread. You may want to check it out. Good luck!

Zen FAQ

Old 01-11-2009, 02:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoredbull View Post
I am looking for something similar to a playdock zDock 500 to to play my zen through but cant't find a playdock and not sure if I want to after reading some of the posts in the forum. Is there anything else I can buy to listen to my zen about the house etc. Love my zen but there are so many more options for the ipods. will stick with my zen though. Never liked being one of the crowd. Its a vision m 30gb I have. Something portable would be better but would settle for something for the house.Thanks
Although this is ideally for a Zen Touch or other older player It could be used for a Zen VM also.http://cgi.ebay.com/CAMBRIDGE-SOUND-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 01-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm with Walkgood on this. I use stereos and computer speakers all the time.

Zen FAQ

Old 03-04-2013, 01:52 PM

I have a pair of these, the Philips SBA220. They sound superb.

They can be powered off 6 AAA batteries or a 9V DC power adaptor. Since I use these and my Zen when I'm away from home camping and stuff, I power them via rechargeable 9V batteries. Vapex 280mAh 9V batteries last hours with them and I carry several with me.