android
Old 07-30-2008, 04:35 PM

Default Resolving the Album Cover Issue

I've been wrestling with the missing album cover issue. I have some code that I've used in the past to do things like update genres from Rhapsody and was using it to try and fix the album cover problems.

The only thing is that I can't figure out what causes failed images. I even have some cases where some images work but not others within the same album.

The issue is not as simple as progressive or not. I did notice that the same files that don't work on the Pilot have problems in the software that I use, Tag&Rename from Softpointer. They're flagged as having images (there's a little icon in the list of files) but if you look at the details there's nothing to be found.

Any ideas? If I get this working all gladly share the utility with everyone else.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-31-2008, 12:57 PM

I use this application myself, and I've found that as long as I embed the art using it, the player will display the file >90% of the time. The remaining times seem to be sort of random. While doing this, I will either create a folder.jpg and use T&R to embed that, or use T&R to pull the art and create the file in the respective folder. If I have the art AND a folder.jpg, it works 100% of the time.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:00 PM

i used Mp3 Tag Tools. The album art didnt show until i made the picture i was using 50x50

Old 08-01-2008, 02:22 PM

I use MP3Tag v2.40 after first making images non-progressive and resized to 200x200. I also change the tag type from id3v1 + id3v2.4 UTF-8 (from foobar2000) to JUST id3v2.3 UTF-16. All of my cover art displays, and all of the accented characters display correctly. It's a TON of work, though.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:22 AM

Default Favorite program

hey, I have never had to do any real work with TagScanner.
http://www.xdlab.ru/en/index.htm It works fine, it is Russian, so if you have any problems you might not be able to get help.

It takes some getting use to on how to navigate, but is easy enough. The only problem that I have ever had with it are:
1. It can crash after about 30 albums (I am redoing ALL of my ID3 Tags), so I restart it.
2. If you tell it to rename files, and move them to a different directory, delete the empty directory and have just embedded the album art that you have already in the folder, then it gives an error that says that it couldn't delete the directory since it wasn't empty. But, I don't care that much since it doesn't crash the program, just gives me a useless error that I click OK to.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Student Driver View Post
I use this application myself, and I've found that as long as I embed the art using it, the player will display the file >90% of the time. The remaining times seem to be sort of random. While doing this, I will either create a folder.jpg and use T&R to embed that, or use T&R to pull the art and create the file in the respective folder. If I have the art AND a folder.jpg, it works 100% of the time.
Can you elaborate on how you embed your images. I have both folder and file cover art displayed in the top right of my T&R software. I just can't seem to figure out why some show on the pilot and others don't.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:55 AM

Ahh, when I copied my ID3v1 tags to ID3v2 tags, the images showed up on the Pilot. It seems the Pilot looks for the embedded images in the v2 tags. I am going to update them all just to be certain. Tricky bastard!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:02 AM

Media Monkey is free, easy, and effortless. Just open the songs, highlight them, right click, select auto tag from web, make sure the album art is selected (it is by default), and boom, they are imbedded.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
Media Monkey is free, easy, and effortless. Just open the songs, highlight them, right click, select auto tag from web, make sure the album art is selected (it is by default), and boom, they are imbedded.

Beware! All of your cool-looking music icons will turn into ugly, stupid-looking monkey's. The only thing that I don't like about it..and it made me wretch!

Old 09-23-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conchchowder View Post
Beware! All of your cool-looking music icons will turn into ugly, stupid-looking monkey's. The only thing that I don't like about it..and it made me wretch!
Ahh, what are you talking about? All my icons are normal. Are you talking about on your computer?

Old 09-24-2008, 12:04 AM

There are those boxes that determine file associations when you're installing MediaMonkey, and I bet he left the ones for .MP3, .WAV, etc. etc. checked.

You can just open MediaMonkey, go to "Tools", then "Options" (near the bottom of the list). Then where it says "General" on the right, just under it, it should say "File Types". Click it, then uncheck whatever file types you have (like MP3 or WMV) that you don't want to have the MediaMonkey icon or you don't want to have automatically opened by MediaMonkey.

Alternatively, just right click on whatever file type you want to change back, go to "Open With", then "Choose Program..."
Make sure the box that says "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" is checked, and then choose what media program you want that file type to be normally opened by
e.g., i right click an MP3 file, I go to "Open With" and then "Choose Program...", check the box that says "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file", and then I select Windows Media Player or iTunes. The icon will then appear as the Windows Media Player icon or the iTunes Icon

Old 09-24-2008, 01:35 AM

Default I'm wiping banana off of my face

It is the icon for Monkey Audio not Media Monkey.

My sincere apologies to fans of this MM software.

Do you see how this demented monkey on Ketamine could make your proper desktop look like a POS?

I DO, however remember dl'ing Media Monkey v2 and having it hang my system, so I offed it as well.

Is it still bloated software?

Again, sorry guise.
Epic fail.

PS...the little Playskool Weeble icons are, eh...but I guess I could reassociate them by adopting a skin.

I have GOM media player and all of my .flv icons look like round balloons with toes on them...so I really shouldn't complain much.

Note: I just checked out the Media Monkey site...seems worthless as a sync program for the Pilot...and not much help there either for those in need. Seems like we have better support amongst ourselves.

One thing i have reconfirmed from all of this, is after you have done your basic shopping for price/features, etc...go to a good forum for THAT device and start pretending you already own one and see what bugs/benefits it may have. THEN hit the "buy now?" button.

I did this with my InFocus SP4805 and am still loving my projector...now with Toshiba releasing their new EDVD players...I'm headed there next.

Last edited by Conchchowder; 09-24-2008 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Additional information.