android
Old 09-27-2008, 10:43 AM

Default Please Help - Key Pad Does not Respond

Good Day,
My Samsung T10 was working great with 3.06KR upgrade, but now after a week the keypad is unresponsive - it seems that it is locked!! Anyway, I did a reset and same thing boots up but cannot scroll or play music.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-27-2008, 10:47 AM

release the hold-button. lol, sorry, i couldn't resist.... have you tried to reflash or downgrade the firmware? are the lights of the touchpad working at least?

Old 09-27-2008, 12:43 PM

Thanks for your quick reply Cyphox, Yes I downgraded the firmware but still no response from the touchpad, and yes the touchpad is light-up too. Like I said it seems that it is in a locked mode!!Also the weird thing about this is that sometimes it turns on by itself too.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:56 PM

The same thing happend to me.It stayed on lock mode and it still keeps turning on at night. I don't really know how to explain what i did so here it goes. I locked it and unlocked it a bunch of times really fast. Then it stopped locking.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:58 AM

So it's not a defect touchpad, the player really "thinks" it's locked? is the lock-symbol displayed on the screen, too?

i would say it's a case for warranty-service...

Old 10-02-2008, 08:57 PM

Default Keypad lock

So this is what I have found out - it seems that the problems has been traced to the switch. The switch is causing me this little problem but when it works it is ok.
Now I called Samsung for repair and are totally useless because the unit I purchased was from e-bay and according to Samsung not an authorized reseller. Which I think is a bunch of B.S. Anyway fine I said let me pay for the repair at an authorized Samsung location. WASTE OF TIME Basically the arugument ended that since this is out of warranty I cannot get this repaired by Samsung. Why? Well because Samsung only has a replacement type of warrantly on these units. So the customer service girl said I need to look in my yellow pages for a local electronic repair shop.
Great Customer Service Samsung-
So Basically once your electronic device is out of service you cannot repair it !Just purchase a new one.
Reminds me of the good old Sony days - Now I know why people purchase a Ipod.