android
Old 01-01-2007, 06:53 PM

Question Issues from a new user

I recently purchased my first MP3 player and although I consider myself reasonably competent with computers have found my new player very confusing. My chief purpose is to listen to audiobooks and after much research selected the Creative Zen V. My issues:

1-How do I name or rename files? I have been copying audio CDs to my PC, then copying them to the player, each disc is copied into a folder with multiple tracks. When I view the book on the player all the folders show up as the same name - "unknow" and the date loaded. Makes it very difficult to figure out where I am in the book.

2-Why doesn't the drag and drop feature work?

3-Which organizer program is best to use with audiobooks? The ZenV Media Explorer is is very sluggish and jumpy. I tried the Creative Media Explorer but the instructions in the help menu seem to be for another version of the program. Can I use the Windows Media program that came with my computer, although it is designed for music files?

4-What are ID tags? I tried to copy a book today and was informed that the file format was not supported. Can I change the file format, and if so, how and with what program.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-06-2008, 10:57 PM

Okay I have your answers!

1- (Save the music first!!!!!) delete it off your Zen V and before you put it on again rename it.

2- It doesn't work sometimes the file is corrupt (or just go to computer icon, click on the device when its plugged in and do it manually)

3- Windows media player very organized and can play videos too. Just convert then

4- Yes you can convert them, and Quickmedia converter!

Hope I answered all your questions! ^^

Old 10-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Ultra Senior Member

lyokoLover910: Although I appreciate you trying to help this person, please take note as to the date of the thread or last post in the thread. Seeing how this thread is from a poster that only posted once, hasn't been back since 2/25 of 2007, and is 22 months old without a reply, I don't think responding to it would be all that helpful.

Zen FAQ

Closed Thread