android
Old 09-25-2008, 01:19 PM

Exclamation 30g works but has no sound...

i bought a 30g vision M from a friend and its worked fine for a few months but just recently started to not have any sound... funny enough the FM radio has sound just not any songs in the player.. ive tried resetting, formatting, updating the firmware, and even done the clean up thing... but it still doesnt work... oh.. and now.. whenever i hook it up to the computer it recognizes it and then start sync ing everything i have in my library.. it never did that before... please help!! should i just trash the player? thanks for all your help~~

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hello TheMook. Welcome. It looks as though you may have an issue with the ADC/DAC (Analog to Digital/Digital to Analog) conversion within the SoC (System-on-Chip). The reason why you may hear the FM radio and not any other audio output is because the FM radio may not be going through any kind of analog/digital conversion like that of any other audio within the player. The FM radio can come straight in (line-in on headphone jack through the antenna line/pin) and then output through the headphone amp and out the headphone jack; bypassing any kind of internal conversion. Unfortunatly, in order to correct, you will most likely need a new mainboard for the ZVM.

Zen FAQ

Old 09-30-2008, 12:23 PM

If thats the case it may be time to start shopping Unless your feeling technical and got a bricked one on Ebay and did a swap... but I would recommend shopping.

Old 09-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

In case you decide to attempt a mainboard replacement (has been done many times around here and may be easier than you think):

Here is the ABI disassembly guide.
Here is a video of a disassembly.
Here is another disassembly video

Zen FAQ

Old 10-09-2008, 09:56 PM

Default new mainboard?

how much does that cost? im sure i can do it.. i have al electronics background

Old 10-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Where ever you can find a replacement mainboard. Either from a website somewhere or some place like EBay as an as-is unit that you could use the mainboard out of for a swap.

Zen FAQ