android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2008, 10:59 AM

If Best Buy/Insignia is coming out with an updated 'Pilot' it likely was pulled at the last minute and is being revamped while Insignia works on the new firmware, if I had to guess.

Why would that be? I don't know if anybody else here besides me follows business news or the financial press, but about a few weeks ago there was a piece in the Wall Street Journal about BB. Apparently the retailer out and out bought all of Napster. Napster's stock was tanking and worth only a few dollars per share; Best Buy swooped in and bought them on the cheap.

My guess is since this happened, they've had to go back and rewrite their software to incorporate their new Napster service. Remember that they had the Rhapsody Best Buy software on the Insignia Pilot disks?

Then again, there might be NO Pilot follow-up. The Insignia brand also makes a lot of other 'me too' electronic devices that allows Best Buy to make a great margin sale. I'm guessing daps aren't the highest on their priority list; more likely flat panel HDTV's are.

Last edited by Theseus; 10-20-2008 at 11:08 AM.

Tags
no firmware pilot