android
Old 10-18-2008, 10:17 AM

Default Using fuze with AV Receiver

is there any compatable dock or cable for connecting a fuze to the digital media port on the back of my AVR?

i'm assuming this port is only supported by ipods (doesn't mention supported players in my avr's manual) but i'm hopeful someone has released something.

it'd sure be nice if these ports on our players were standardized across manufacturers. it'd loosen apples grip on the mp3 player market quite a bit knowing you could use accessories from said players.

i guess i could always just use rca cables, but it'd be cool to have more options.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-19-2008, 11:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandito View Post

i guess i could always just use rca cables, but it'd be cool to have more options.
That's what I do...my receiver is about 15 years old. Fuze goes into "LD" (remember laserdisc?) DVD in "CD", VCR in Phono, and the 60+1 CD changer just sits there and looks bad-ass....lol

Old 10-20-2008, 11:23 AM

check out this Phillips 5990 DVD player
it's $40 and does upconvert and has HDMI
http://www.outlet.philips.com/b2c_re...og&shop=OUTLET
they sell it at Best Buy. Walmart and Costco for @ the same price.

the real beauty of this DVD player is the USB port on the front.

i plugged my FUZE into it and i was suprised that i'm able to navigate to the music folder using the on-screen menu of the DVD player on the TV and i can play the FUZE thru my receriver.

note that i use my FUZE in MSC mode so that may hinder this from working if you use MTP mode.

it even charges the FUZE while it plays.

so it was like getting a free FUZE dock with this $40 DVD player.

i'm using the S/PDIF out on the DVD player to the S/PDIF in on my receiver (optical) and it sounds much louder/better than when i connected the FUZE via RCA cables to the same receiver.

i hope they add USB ports to Blu-Ray players when those things become affordable.

but i was suprised with the functionality of that DVD player, esp at $40. it's hackablke (firmware updates, able to make it region free!)

Old 10-20-2008, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandito View Post
... ... it'd loosen apples grip on the mp3 player market quite a bit knowing you could use accessories from said players.
Certainly would be cool, but this is precisely why they won’t

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-20-2008, 02:29 PM

well i have a usb port on my tv so i could also run an optical cable from the tv to my amp, but i was hoping for my functionality.

in that case i think i'd still be better with the rca cables, it'd just be nice to be able to change songs from the avr.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:23 PM

I just got a Samsung LCD HDTV with a USB port. I can browse the music on my Fuze on the TV screen, and playback the music through the TV with the audio output to my stereo. My Fuze gets a charge at the same time.