android
Old 10-24-2008, 04:20 AM

Default does this player actualy exist?

i have a toshiba giabeat s and it decided that it doesn want to work anymore, it will alos cost $60 to have it 'looked' at and probably another $200 for it to be fixed.
so, i was lookingat players, and i found the creative zen vision m 60gb. the video format is much beter than the gigabeats extremely slow to convert WMV...

but... i was looking around, when i search the player in google creative zen vision m 60gb it will take me to the right place. but i cannot find it, nor a price.
i mean i cannot find it as in, i go to creative.com - mp3's and its not there...
just crappy players and a few wifi's...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-24-2008, 08:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The ZV:M has been discontinued more than half a year ago.

For video players, maybe look at the new Cowon O2, the older A3, or some of the Archos players. Those support even more formats than the ZV:M. And you also don't have to convert the videos to fit the screen size.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Being you used a Gigabeat, I suggest you go with the Zune. The first incarnation of the Zune has been said to be patterned after the Gigabeat. Both DAPs should sound about the same.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Ultra Senior Member

ZVM's are often still sold on Creative's site (refurb). Every now and then some sites will have one for sale. EBay often has them as well. Even in today's players that are available now, the ZVM still holds its own extremely well. Although both recommendations from dfkt and musichound are good alternatives.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
Being you used a Gigabeat, I suggest you go with the Zune. The first incarnation of the Zune has been said to be patterned after the Gigabeat. Both DAPs should sound about the same.
Am I right in the assumption that the Zune still needs videos to be converted, though?

Old 10-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Am I right in the assumption that the Zune still needs videos to be converted, though?
Yes, I believe you are correct on this.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:47 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, I believe they are as well, but they are on what he currently uses with the Gigabeat too. Besides another Gigabeat, the Zune would be the closest match, but it sounds as though the OP is ready for something else that may not require so much video conversion.

Zen FAQ