android
Old 10-20-2008, 12:22 PM

Red face Wrap-around scrolling issue

Servus,

I honestly don't know why, but I'm thinking about buying a fuze although I happily own a Creative ZEN. That being said, I really need to know two important things before I can switch without regretting it later.

1. How exactly does the wrap-around scrolling work? Could somebody have a heart and make a small video of how the navigation has improved with this new feature?

2. Does somebody own a ZEN and if so, could he/she tell me if navigation with a filled up player is better or worse than with a Fuze?

Thank you so much!

Btw, I consider buying a 8GB Fuze together with an 8GB Micro-SD card.

Greetings from Freiburg

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-20-2008, 02:50 PM

The wrap-around scrolling is when you have a list of songs that you're scrolling through, and get to the last one on the bottom, you keep scrolling down and it will automatically go to the first song on the list. Instead of getting to the last song, then having to scroll back up. I don't have a Zen, but I do have a Zen Vision:M, it's not filled up though.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:00 PM

Ok, thanks. So just to make sure: it's not a feature to browse faster or pre-select by initials as it is with the ZEN?!

Then how fast can you scroll thru a list of let's say 100 entries with the Fuze? On the ZEN, I really like how you manage to navigate to a certain entry in about 5 seconds just by initials.

Man, I'm torn. I want to get better sound quality and ogg-Support, but don't want to lose the terrific navigation features of the ZEN.

But anyway, thanks for the explication.

Old 10-21-2008, 03:52 PM

Wrap around makes the lists circular. If you scroll UP from the top of a list, it will wrap around to the end start scrolling up from the bottom of the list. Or if you scroll DOWN from the end of a list, it will wrap around to the start and begin scrolling down from the top of the list. Previously you couldn't scroll past the top or bottom of a list.

So for example, if you want to find an artist towards the end of the alphabet, it's faster to wrap around from the top and scroll up from the end.

That said, there is still a lot of scrolling on a full Fuze. It's one of the few weak points. The latest FW added wrap around scrolling and doubled the scrolling speed, which helped a bit, but it's still tedious to get through long lists. Sansa has said they will look at improving the scrolling in the near future, hopefully will some kind of progressive acceleration.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:14 AM

Yeah, let's hope they fix that. I really like the Fuze, but I'm afraid of spending hours on browsing through a huge list.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:06 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
Wrap around makes the lists circular. If you scroll UP from the top of a list, it will wrap around to the end start scrolling up from the bottom of the list. Or if you scroll DOWN from the end of a list, it will wrap around to the start and begin scrolling down from the top of the list. Previously you couldn't scroll past the top or bottom of a list.

So for example, if you want to find an artist towards the end of the alphabet, it's faster to wrap around from the top and scroll up from the end.

That said, there is still a lot of scrolling on a full Fuze. It's one of the few weak points. The latest FW added wrap around scrolling and doubled the scrolling speed, which helped a bit, but it's still tedious to get through long lists. Sansa has said they will look at improving the scrolling in the near future, hopefully will some kind of progressive acceleration.
Well, you know wut, if you have that problem , you could use ur left hand to scroll. Makes much easier. =P