android
Old 11-01-2008, 03:54 PM

Default 4gig Card Installation

I have expanded my 4 gig Sansa fuze to 8gig by putting in a 4gig card.
I have created the same default folders in the extra drive as there is in the main internal one.And have put music in the Music folder of this new drive created my the card.The Albums now show up in the main Music menu as all my others in the main drive. Question: Is this the correct way to set the new card up? Or should I have not put these folders in?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-01-2008, 04:25 PM

No need to put folders in, the music files will show up in the main.

BTW, Welcome to abi, hope you enjoy the sansa forums ...

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickflair View Post
I have expanded my 4 gig Sansa fuze to 8gig by putting in a 4gig card.
I have created the same default folders in the extra drive as there is in the main internal one.And have put music in the Music folder of this new drive created my the card.The Albums now show up in the main Music menu as all my others in the main drive. Question: Is this the correct way to set the new card up? Or should I have not put these folders in?
I'm pretty sure(90%) that the stuff like podcasts, videos, etc. only works in the internal memory. My 8gb card only has a music folder. But I rarely look at any video on it, and I just leave about 250MB of space for podcasts.....some of mine are weekly, that just leaves enough room for them all. The Fuze is a cool-ass little device though, isn't it?

Old 11-01-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I'm pretty sure(90%) that the stuff like podcasts, videos, etc. only works in the internal memory. My 8gb card only has a music folder. But I rarely look at any video on it, and I just leave about 250MB of space for podcasts.....some of mine are weekly, that just leaves enough room for them all. The Fuze is a cool-ass little device though, isn't it?
That is my experience. The microSD card is simply an extension of the "Music" folder in the internal memory. Whatever files that are on it are read by the player as being in the "Music" folder. Podcasts, Audiobooks and such must be located in the main memory. Folders created on the card with the same name as folders in the main memory either don't work or are deleted. I tried putting a set of Podcast files on the card under a folder. Some of them showed up, but not all. The ones that did didn't work right. I moved them to the Podcasts folder in main memory and they all showed up and played fine.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It is really up to you since the Sansas intergrate main memory and microSD card songs together. Plus, the Fuze only read tags, too.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:16 AM

You can listen to audiobooks and podcasts on the microSD card by setting their genres to either "Audiobook" or "Podcast".
Sansa e260 Rockbox 4GB + 120 MB