android
Old 01-26-2008, 09:33 AM

Default Zen V Plus and Rhapsody

Got Fusion so I could have Windows functionality on my Macbook for loading my V+ via Rhapsody subscription. Okay. My experience so far: total train wreck. It can't stay out of its' own way. Just now I had to quit Rhapsody software, this time because it kept trying to download who knows what. It won't tell you what it's downloading--it's a secret, a surprise package. I did ask it to transfer two CDs to my V+, but I guess it forgot. It's always like that: gives off this 'totally incompetent' vibe. It's always kicking me off the connection, while my email and browser works fine with the same connection.
This post is impossible to answer, I realize, as there are so many factors involved and I've brought up too many issues. I just thought I'd pass along my experience. I'm still good with it all. And oh btw I have and am in love with the Creative Travelsound speakers.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-26-2008, 10:33 AM

Sorry to hear about your problems. I use Rhapsody with my V+, but not on Mac. I'm wondering, though. Because you are on a virtual computer, can't you use image versions. What I'm thinking it maybe you can let Rhapsody download what it wants, and if you don't like it, revert to a previous virtual image.

Last edited by Andrew B.; 03-07-2009 at 11:26 PM.

Old 01-26-2008, 06:03 PM

Yes, I can "take a snapshot" and revert to it. I'll have to use it a bit more to see if the overall experience is worth it or if I just concede defeat and buy OS 10.5 with bootable windows. I mean I have all this great music on my V+, I'm not complaining. Just it seems laughable: it tries to do all these complicated things, failing miserably at them all, while you typically ask it to do one simple task that it can't get with the program to do. It's just the way it is, I guess. But Rhapsody in a normal Windows machine is normal?

Old 01-27-2008, 03:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

From everything I've heard, Rhapsody is anything but normal, no matter where it's run! A lot of people have no problems, but the overall concensus seems to be that Rhapsody is a total crap-shoot.

I wouldn't lose too much sleep (or hair) over it not working properly.

Old 01-27-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunhaven View Post
But Rhapsody in a normal Windows machine is normal?
I have had problems with Rhapsody that required contacting technical support for fixes. One of them was a real oddball problem that was fixed easily. I also found that I prefer emailing them, instead of over the phone. But as of right how, Rhapsody is working great for me.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:32 AM

Update: Rhapsody is feeling a little better! I uninstalled all the Creative software and Rhapsody seems to be working a little more predictably. It's still wacky but hey. I cannot believe all the great music that's on my V+.

Old 01-28-2008, 10:59 AM

Yeah, having all that music is great. Not just for keeping favorites on my player, but also for trying out recordings from slews of artists that are new to me.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:15 PM

It's the audio equivalent of a digital camera or Netflix. There's no cost but time involved with experimentation so it sets you free to try new things. It makes you feel like music is wide open and free. Woo-hoo! Take off all your clothes and jump around! [uncomfortable silence] Oh, sorry. It's, um, nice.

Old 01-30-2008, 02:06 AM

Well, it's not exactly "no cost." It costs $14.99US/month for the music-to-go service. But I think I know what you mean. After paying this fee, I'm free to pick from most of the music on the service.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:40 AM

Right, to try new music adds no additional cost. So there's ~ no risk.

Old 02-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I understand how people feel about Digital Rights Management, but let's please keep details about DRM-removal off these forums, okay?

Old 02-05-2008, 12:23 PM

Totally didn't mean to post anything sneaky. Just trying to say that subscription services are kind of liberating and encourage me to try new music. I barely know what DRM is, actually. I am sorry.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunhaven View Post
Totally didn't mean to post anything sneaky. Just trying to say that subscription services are kind of liberating and encourage me to try new music. I barely know what DRM is, actually. I am sorry.
We were not talking about DRM removal. But there was a message from someone else that was. That message is gone now.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Sorry, I should have been more clear. This thread's topic is fine. But I had to remove a couple of posts that had very explicit DRM removal discussion.

Carry on!

Old 02-06-2008, 04:26 PM

Yippee!

Old 05-01-2008, 10:13 AM

Default Rhapsody vs. Napster and ZenV+

Hi. I've just recently bailed from Rhapsody to Napster and thought my experience might be useful. Rhapsody's music is awesome but both the software and browser listening barely worked for me! Software recognized the ZEN maybe half the time. I was sad. Napster user experience *seems* pretty predictable. My ZEN likes it, everybody plays well together, transfers to the ZEN are much faster. I bring this up also as both of these services are available for Mac. I'm not trying to endorse anybody but the main reason I got my ZEN is to enjoy music subscriptions. Hope that helps, Enjoy your day.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:48 PM

Default Zen V Plus and Rhapsody...does it work?

I am considering purchasing a Zen V Plus and am curious if anyone has used this with the Rhapsody music service, and if so how it worked for them?

Were you able to transfer channels to the device?
Where you able to transfer albums to the device?

Your help is appreciated!

Old 11-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Merged with main Rhapsody thread. You may want to read this thread for more information. Good luck!

Zen FAQ