android
Old 10-29-2008, 12:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Thread merged with existing related thread.

Zen FAQ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-03-2008, 05:21 PM

Hey all,

I have to say that I appreciate everyone's input in these forums; they have helped me a lot with my Creative W (which is a great player by the way)

I am thinking of buying a Zen for my sister because she is moving to Europe in 2 weeks. I am not up to date with the Zen, and do not have much time to do research around here, so please help me with a few questions:

- Should I get a Zen or X-Fi? I have read mixed reviews for the X-Fi, since it is a new player and all. All I need the player to do is listen to music and watch videos occassionally. I like the Zen since it has been around longer. What is the consensus here?

- Does Zen require a wall charger or is the USB sufficent? If I need a charger, what is recommended? I know about cellphone chargers, but is there anything I can buy for this one specifically?

- Where is the volume button on the Zen? Is it a dedicated button? Or other buttons?

- Suggestions for a protective case. If anyone has bought anything from amazon, care to share your opinions?

That's it for now, I look forward to hearing other people's opinions and make a decision here in the next 2 days!

Does this Zen support MPEG 4? I realized most of the music is in MPEG-4 format? Thank you!

Last edited by BobbyRS; 11-04-2008 at 12:25 AM.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:15 AM

Hi, i've just ordered my own zen, so i'll tell u what limited info i do know (much from this forum, )

Definately get the Zen, i've spent many hours reading about differences between the two and i really think the zen is better. Though if ur looking for 32gb version of zen, it's quite hard to find, so maybe the x-fi is better.
The x-fi chat application seems pointless and i've never really seen the real use of wi-fi streaming etc. I guess the audio quality (without x-fi) should be similar but i'm not really that confident in the 'improvement' x-fi provides.
You could check out the cnet review, plus the one on abi for starters on the x-fi

as for a charger, well, i'm going to use my old zen micro charger. I always find wall charging alot more convinient. I heard that you can buy older creative zen chargers, which i think is a great, and cheap way.

Hmm, as for protective casing, I'll recommend BSE skins. I really like how they work and look, though i'm concerned about actually applying them (fingers crossed)

Hmm, i'm pretty sure, from the pics, that there isn't a dedicated volume button, but if it works like the zen micro, i'm assuming all u do is change the volume (up and down buttons) while your listening/watching. It worked really well for zen micro.

Oh and if your sister doesn't have good IEMs, the provided ep-830s for the x-fi are great. That was an enticement for me to buy the x-fi, though i already have a pair of ep-630s which are already quite nice.

Last edited by BobbyRS; 11-04-2008 at 09:25 AM.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Merged with existing "thinking of buying zen" thread.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-06-2008, 12:52 AM

Just choose it!you won't be regretted!

Old 11-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, the Zen is great. I have two of them. I will second pretty much everything cisum1027 said in his post above.

Zen FAQ

Last edited by BobbyRS; 11-07-2008 at 02:30 PM.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:03 PM

Default Unsure whether to get the 32g or the 16g zen, any help?

I have decided recently to buy a new mp3 player, my old one being the creative vision m 32g. I do have a lot of songs on my player, there is only about 10g left on my old player so i did like the size of the 32g that i have. However my problem is that hearing that the new zen has the memory card with it, i am not quite sure whether to stick with the 32g size that i have been used to, or if i can get a memory card that will be big enough for the files i have, get the 16g? Any suggestions would be good, as it will make it easier to decide which one to buy when i am over in america soon.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Merged with main "thinking of buying" thread.

Well, if you currently have a 30GB ZVM with 10GB left, that means you already have 20GB of files on it. So, a 16GB may not be what you need. It sounds like it would be best to go with the 32GB version to meet your current storage needs, plus give you some room to grow.

Zen FAQ

Tags
creative zen, purchase, question, sansa e260