android
Old 11-08-2008, 12:06 PM

Default Resolved: Charges, but doesn't connect

So, I add some music, disconnected it to make sure it all went to the right places, but when I plugged it back in to add some more things, it isn't being detected. The screen on the Fuze is the menu with the battery charge symbol. The computer has SANSA FUZE listed in My Computer, but its empty. Windows Media Player isn't detecting it either. It's in MSC mode. Can anyone help me?

Last edited by [steve]; 11-08-2008 at 08:18 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Well, the little things....have you tried turning it off, and back on? Or the "hard reset?" I'm not a tech guru, but it's worth a shot....simple troubleshooting

Old 11-08-2008, 12:22 PM

Well, I'm not sure how to do a hard reset (unless you mean format it?) but yes I tried turning it off and reconnecting it, different cables, but nothing is helping.

Old 11-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Try holding the power slider up, like you would to turn it on, but hold it up for 30 seconds or so. I think it will turn itself off after you let go. Then when you turn it back on it may be cured. I had to do this once, a while back, but my player's been fine ever since.

Old 11-08-2008, 01:44 PM

Well, it doesn't connect to a desktop running Windows XP but it connects to a laptop running Vista. What could be the problem? Nothing changed in the time between syncing music and reconnecting it.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [steve] View Post
Well, it doesn't connect to a desktop running Windows XP but it connects to a laptop running Vista. What could be the problem? Nothing changed in the time between syncing music and reconnecting it.
I have no idea....hopefully somebody else does

Old 11-08-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [steve] View Post
So, I add some music, disconnected it to make sure it all went to the right places, but when I plugged it back in to add some more things, it isn't being detected. The screen on the Fuze is the menu with the battery charge symbol. The computer has SANSA FUZE listed in My Computer, but its empty. Windows Media Player isn't detecting it either. It's in MSC mode. Can anyone help me?
Are you sure it's in MSC mode?. The SANSA FUZE comes up in MTP mode. Under MSC mode you should see 2 drives (in My Computer) when plugging in your player via USB - 1 drive for the player and 1 drive for the microSD slot, which will have drive letters attached. Make sure if you have a memory card in the player REMOVE it when connecting player to the computer..believe me it makes all the difference in the world.

If you don't see this, then what version of Windows are you running?. If it's Vista it should be running correctly although I don't know for sure because I'm not running Vista myself at the moment...(too buggy). If your running Windows XP make sure you have updated it to at least service pack 2.

Failing that I would keep troubleshooting, like checking cables and maybe even reformat your player. Hope this helps.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 11-08-2008, 08:17 PM

Thumb Up

Well, it was my computer. I tried the other USB ports, they didn't work, so eventually I restarted my computer. Thats a really weird glitch for a pc though, all the other USB devices I own worked fine. Thanks for all your help, thank god it was my fuze- I already exchanged it once!