android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon A2 / A3

Old 02-25-2008, 04:02 PM

Default Open letter to Cowon - fix video and photo viewing graphical bug in Cowon A3

Due to bug in Cowon A3 are all images and all videos which has exact the same resolution as display viewed distorded and blurred. It is viewed cropped by 1 pixel from top, 2 pixels from left, 3 pixels from right and by 3 pixels from bottom and then zoomed to fullscreen. As a result is picture blurred and has colour artifacts (these artifacts are between colour pixels and black colour pixels).

Try to view this video
http://www.jakubsloup.cz/originalvideo.mp4

or this picture on A3:

You will see this on A3 screen:

(How i get this picture? I saved original picture as a video (h264 codec) and then i played it at Cowon A3. While playing i went to menu and took screenshot (by Screenshot feature). Final screenshot surprisingly exacly represent what is viewed on A3 screen - blurred, cropped and distorded picture)

Graphical artifact are the same for videos and for photos. Surprisingly is original picture viewed correctly if you set it as wallpaper !

I tested it in firmware versions 1.18beta and 1.15, in both firmwares is the same problem.

I think that main reason why it wasn`t revealed before is due to A3`s extreme display resolution 800x480 (while display size is equal to credit card), but with this bug it looks like that display resolution is approximately 300x180.

Please Cowon fix it, because this degrading A3 display quality. At least fix that cropping - i think that cropping is the main reason which causing that picture looks ugly.

Look closely at the edges of first and second picture, you will see that the blue and pink rectanges in second picture are little cropped (cropping = cut sides of picture), for better imagination here is showed in big right top edge of original picture:

and here is the same edge after viewed at A3:

As you can see it is realy cutted on on top and right.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-13-2008, 12:24 AM

Default .mkv

does anyone have problems with .mkv files?
one video i tried, the screen is scrambled threw the whole file.
second video , the player just turns off when I load it.
anyone familiar with the problem?
in the specs it says it can read .mkv files

Old 11-09-2008, 10:43 AM

Mkv is just a container for audio/video/extra, so if it doesn't play well, maybe the video and/or audio format inside this container are not supported, have a too high bitrate, etc, ...

I experienced the same issue with a few mkv files.