android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen

Old 10-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by liQuid View Post
I don't know why but for some reason, my Zen start doing just like Joe's Gal's Zen. When I plugged it into a USB port, it keeps on playing the music. The only way to see my Zen in "Docked" mode is to open the Zen Media Explorer. That's kinda weird cause it started doing it today.
Open Device Manager and watch it while you plug in the Zen to see how the driver reacts and loads. Once the driver loads, the screen should show docked.

Zen FAQ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-08-2008, 07:22 PM

Default Listening while charging via USB

I first learned about this in reference to the Sansa E200 series, but it works with the Zen as well. You have the player, either the Zen or Sansa, attached to the USB cable, then, very slowly insert the other end of the cable into the computer USB slot. At a certain point, before the player becomes docked, you can see the charging icon activate, and there you are. If the player docks, then you withdraw the connector a bit. You can listen while your computer charges the player.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:16 AM

I can confirm that Dr Bobbo is right, I just tried. (can't find my old Motorola V3 charger) I fully inserted it, then gradually eased it out until the zen undocked but the charger icon stayed...about 3mm out. It may only be charging at the reduced current, but it tops up, and when you're finished listening you can push it home if you like. Saves disabling/re-enabling drivers.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:28 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, it does work and it should only be charging at around 100mA instead of the full 500mA like after enumeration. I got it to work by very slowly inserting it like he describes. Nice tip dr bobbo!

Zen FAQ

Tags
charge, charger