android
Old 10-31-2008, 02:03 PM

Default Curiosity Question

I have the dreaded Best Buy T10 and I have noticed that whenever I listen to the FM radio...I hear sound from the speaker...if I tap the unit on the table I hear it quite prominently...then I actually put the microphone right up to my mouth and actually heard myself talking...
I don't recall this happening during Fm recordings however and if this is a common thing I will test that out...

Just wondered what all your experiences were especially seeing as how different firmwares and model types exist...

Also curious..if you had the problem and changed firmware...did you still have it? I have always thought it must be a best buy firmware bug...as I never saw anyone else mention it and most of you here seem to NOT have the BB version...

Thanks,
Mike

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-05-2008, 03:17 PM

WOW..really...either no one uses the radio on the T10 or can't tell if they've ever heard anything!?
Please...anyone have this problem or know if they DON'T have this problem?
Could be just my unit...heck I don't know...but I'd like to know if I am the only one or if others have this happening...
especially while my service plan is still good!
Thx..

Old 11-05-2008, 05:50 PM

If I'm listening to a station with a bunch of static it gets worse the closer the player gets to the headphones. Otherwise there is no interference at all. I'm using a 4gb with the 3.06 firmware.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squigs View Post
If I'm listening to a station with a bunch of static it gets worse the closer the player gets to the headphones. Otherwise there is no interference at all. I'm using a 4gb with the 3.06 firmware.

Thanks for your reply...however...not quite the question I asked...
When the radio is playing...tap the player lightly on a table or something...the edge near the mic is the best...do you hear it in the phones?
Mine is sensitive enough I can hear my hands glide across the player and hear myself talk into the microphone (albeit not very loud compared to radio) the radio tunes clearly and signal seems fine..no unusual interference...

I just wanted to know if this was just my unit...something no one had noticed
but happens on everyones..just best buys... anything to narrow it down...

Luckily it's not so bad that it causes you to not be able to listen to the radio...jsut that you can hear it under any circumstance seems odd...

And if it IS only mine doing it (it being sound from Mic during radio play) then that combined with albums getting songs from other albums despite correct tags etc....maybe somethig is wrong and I need to exercise my return ability to get another before I can only get another type of Mp3 player...I REALLY love my t10 and do NOT want to give up it's sound quality!

Thanks
Mike

Old 11-06-2008, 08:55 AM

I'd did try tapping it but it didn't make any sounds. I bring the mic port closer to my headpones the static increases. Otherwise no sounds from the mic. Sounds like you have a bad player.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:16 AM

Thanks for your reply..however...seeing as how I only know you have the 4GB as I do and 3.06 firmware (not sure which) or if you have the BB version or not...I cannot be sure...I was kind of hoping some others would simply turn on their player flip it to radio and see if they could hear anything through the mic...but only you have...I thank you for responding...but that is not enough to know for sure it's not just my firmware....I guess I'm gonna have to wait..cause someday I wil probably throw out the MSC firmware for the UMS but right now I'm using the Spiralfrog free music service and need that....so I guess since it's not THAT big of an issue I'll live with the mic problem. I just hope that it is a firmware issue from the BB players...and doesn't mean my player will die prematurely...I just found out last night that my Bluetooth works properly as a coworker had headphones and I found them and turned them on before she even got them out of her bag...LOL I did notice that when her headset was connected that my players volume through headphones was reduced (I think it turned off my User setting on DNSe making it quieter)

Old 11-11-2008, 05:25 PM

I've teried it (not with BB firmware) and I don't notice either static or noise..

By the way, MSC firmware is UMS firmware.. maybe you meant MTP?

Old 11-12-2008, 10:06 PM

HAHAHA Yes, I DID mean MTP....there's so many abbreviations anymore my head is about to explode trying to get them all right sometimes...thanks for the correction....and thanks for checking Scuba...

Well, I dunno if I should worry about this...I guess I'll wait and use the return policy when it's convenient for a better upgrade....although It would be hard to get rid of my T10....it's SOOOOO much better in nearly every way from the IPoop I once owned (yeah I drank the Kool-Aid...it was a quick sip and I didn't like it)
I actually bought my T10 then traded in my IPoop for an old Atari 2600 and some cartridges...although the Joysticks were not good, the paddles and driving controllers worked fine...

I STILL feel I got the better deal there!

I just wish my T10 was about 16GB....Like the Sansa View? I originally bought...but it failed in every category..was unstable...froze ALOT..and sounded..well..bland....so I chose to have 4GB of OUTSTANDING over 16 of ...eh....or 30 of...IPoop...

Even with the mic issue..I am MORE than satisfied....still thinking of cracking out of the BB firmware...gonna do it someday....