android
Old 11-12-2008, 03:55 PM

Default considering replacing rockboxed e280 with fuze, need advice.

So, the screen on my beloved e280 smashed the other day and i need a replacement.

my major concern is that i will miss the amazing features rockbox has while i wait the potential months or longer for it to be ported to the fuze (no rush, whoever's doing it ) , so my first question really is, has anyone out there made the same transition away from rockbox and how are you finding the lack of solitaire, pokemon blue (), dynamic playlists, custom themes, copy and pasting to the memory card, etc...?

any opinions on how the sound quality stands up to rockbox's, i understand it's supposed to be considerably better than e280's?

i don't like to ask really, but is there any word on if rockbox is being ported to the fuze/how far anyone's got? i didn't want to post it on rockbox.org 'cause it won't help and there's very little i can do to help .

thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redyellowpinkgreen View Post
So, the screen on my beloved e280 smashed the other day and i need a replacement.

my major concern is that i will miss the amazing features rockbox has while i wait the potential months or longer for it to be ported to the fuze (no rush, whoever's doing it ) , so my first question really is, has anyone out there made the same transition away from rockbox and how are you finding the lack of solitaire, pokemon blue (), dynamic playlists, custom themes, copy and pasting to the memory card, etc...?

any opinions on how the sound quality stands up to rockbox's, i understand it's supposed to be considerably better than e280's?

i don't like to ask really, but is there any word on if rockbox is being ported to the fuze/how far anyone's got? i didn't want to post it on rockbox.org 'cause it won't help and there's very little i can do to help .

thanks.
I can't speak to any rockbox issues but the sound quality of the Fuze is excellent, and you can copy&paste, drag&drop, cut&paste to the microcard ....at least in MSC mode which I've always used

Old 11-12-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:

thanks.
Here's a link to the Fuze /V2's Rockbox progress. Advcomp2019 posted it today.

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/vie...ently_Under_De
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 11-12-2008, 05:05 PM

yes, you can cut and paste on PC, but in rockbox you can move the files around on the player by cutting and pasting, just like windows explorer, it's wonderful...

Old 11-12-2008, 05:13 PM

i don't see where it mentions the fuze, neither does the firefox find tool, is it virtually the same as another sansa player? view, connect etc.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
i don't see where it mentions the fuze, neither does the firefox find tool, is it virtually the same as another sansa player? view, connect etc.
The Fuze is lumped in with the v2's and Clip since they all use the same SoC. The V2 family.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:26 PM

thankyou, sansaguy .
so, the general concensus is that i should definately get one?

Old 11-12-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
thankyou, sansaguy .
so, the general concensus is that i should definately get one?
well that decision is yours....if you do get one I'm sure you'll love it just as much, if not more than your e280. I know I did.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

lol
you probably won't miss it unless you REALLY like to play old school games =P

Old 11-13-2008, 11:55 AM

My Rockbox ver 1 e280 still works, but I may give it away now that I hear how much better the Fuze sounds.
I favor Ogg Vorbis, so the October firmware update supporting it was the deciding factor.
I most miss ability to play files selected by folder boundary.
Rockbox developer funman soon moves to a new full-time job, so that may slow progress that's recently been quite rapid.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Fluxam, yea, funman might need a break after working on the Clip. It seems that he was the main person working on the AMS Sansas. AMS Sansas is the new name. It is no longer the Sansa v2's.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I safely moved away from Rockbox when I got my Zune, I hated it at first but I don't even use my rockbox player anymore.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:11 PM

wow, everyone's being very helpful, i'll start saving my pennies and see if i can get one before christmas