android
Old 05-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You shouldn't have to use the Add Hardware option in Control panel to install it. Follow the steps exactly. After you download and extract the files. Go to the directly to where the files were extracted and right click on the ctpdmtp.inf and select Install option from the menu. Restart the computer, connect in the Zen, plug and play should detect then detect it. If the computer has trouble locating the driver, direct it to the ctpdmtp.inf you extracted earlier. If it gives you any prompts about the driver, install it anyway.

Zen FAQ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-11-2008, 10:16 AM

Go here and read my thread, especially concerning the update Marc2003 supplied. His was the last puzzle piece that made mine work.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=33022

Old 08-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, keep in mind this is only for using the Zen (an MTP device) on older "non-supported" MTP Windows Operating Systems like Windows 2000. You should not have to do that with newer OS's supportingthe later (or latest) versions of MTP.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-02-2008, 12:29 PM

I want to ask something.

i charged my zen using my cell phone charger. i have a HTC touch which uses a miniusb for charging and transferring, i used the same adapter for the zen, it charged very quickly got from zero batt. to almost full batt in abt 1.5 hrs.

just wanted to whether it is safe to charge it this way.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Depends.... Obviously the output specs aren't too high to where you "fried" your Zen, but you still need to verify them. What are the rated output specs of the charger?

Zen FAQ

Old 10-02-2008, 09:12 PM

5V=1A LPS

(i dont understand what that means..lol)

one more question.

i got some default vids and music with the zen. i dont want them on my player, but dont wanna delete them too. i want to copy it on my comp, any way to do it?

Old 10-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

5V/1A should be just fine to use. See the Zen FAQ.

Using Windows Explorer and drag-and-dropping the files from the Zen to a location on your computer would be the way to get the files off of the Zen without deleting.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-03-2008, 10:55 AM

nope...dragging and dropping, copy-paste dont work...

Old 10-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

What happens? Just an FYI, I don't use any sync software and primarily use drag-and-drop to move files to and from the Zen and computer.

Zen FAQ

Old 10-03-2008, 08:54 PM

I am using zen media explorer for videos and media monkey for audio.

the player does not show up as a removable disk.
i can see the zen in my computer
it shows my player's name and in type it shows Portable Media Player
inside it there is an icon and the name is Storage media, it shows 7.49 gb size
inside that i can see all files and folders
but here i cannot copy-paste any file from the player to my comp and nor from my comp to the player, i cannot even play the files.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The Zen will not show as a Removable Disk unless put into Removable Disk mode when then it just acts as a card reader for the SD card.

What I'm looking for when asking what happens (if anything happens at all) is are there any error messages or strange behavior, not just that you cannot do so.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-16-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila View Post
No, the minimum is 10% lit. But, if you set that to turn on after 5 seconds you will be saving as much power as you can.

The battery lasts 25 hours, so you should be fine for 12 hours drive time.

As far as the complaints in your last sentence, it does have file name browsing. There are two ways to do this: 1) You can choose which letter of the alphabet to browse in; or 2) You can use the Find by Keyword feature.

I have not uploaded a folder to it yet to see what happens, nor have I slapped a SD card in it to see what happens. I'll probably do that tonight. I have no idea what MSC is, so I can't help you there.

I have too many full-size SD cards, so this model was perfect for me. I didn't want to purchase extra micro cards that would limit their use for my purposes to only an MP3 player.
One thing I have found is that the screen turns off after a few seconds if you slide the the on-off button to the lock position. I listen to my long files this way. You can unlcok the player at any time to see what is playing.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlathia View Post
One thing I have found is that the screen turns off after a few seconds if you slide the the on-off button to the lock position. I listen to my long files this way. You can unlcok the player at any time to see what is playing.
Awwwww.... the way it is supposed to be used.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-12-2009, 02:16 AM

I have a question, up to how many GB is an 8GB Creative Zen expandable?

Old 11-20-2009, 01:49 PM

Default Using SDHC cards - the answer is 32 GB

Using SDHC cards - the answer is 32 GB (in one card). I use a 16 GB without issue in my 8 GB Zen (same as yours). A tip: Get the highest class rating you can for the memory card you will buy. This is a speed rating. Mine is glass 6. Here is information on SD and SDHC cards from Wikipedia if you're interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

In fact I hate the onboard music management of the Zen so I primarily use my 16 GB card. It renders a lot of the 'features' of the Zen useless (like continuing playback once powered off) but I don't care, I am old school and like my music organized by folder.

Speaking of folders, you can only play back music ONE FOLDER DEEP off the SDHC card. It will not work if you have a folder for genre, say, a band name ie. Collective Soul and then have sub folders beneath it for their individual albums. It will error and return you to the home navigation screen. If you keep folders one level deep you will not have issue.