android
Old 06-19-2008, 10:28 PM

Default Hide protected content use?

How do I use the hide protected content option? Do I somehow mark a folder as protected content so it doesn't show up? I created a folder and dragged files into it, but I can't seem to "protect" it to hide it.
Thanks,
Eric

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-19-2008, 11:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I believe the protected content option is for videos. I also believe the videos need to be in folders in order to be set to protect. If you set it to show then that is what it will do on videos within that folder set as protected. Videos that are set to hide will be hidden if the protected content option is set to hide. To protect videos in a folder, navigate to the folder the videos are in and press the Options button (the button right of Menu/Back button) and select Protect from the menu.

Zen FAQ

Old 06-20-2008, 03:18 PM

Thanks Bobby,
I got it figured out now and it works real well. So far I really like this player. I had a Samsung YP-T9 which worked real well for audio books, but it started to act flaky so I got the Zen.
For those interested in quick comparison, I like that the T9 can be hung around your neck, and it is built better/more solid. You can set bookmarks more easily by simply pressing the middle button, and you can forward to the next bookmark, which is displayed as a tick in the position bar, by pressing the right cursor key. The audio sounds nicer on the T9 as well. The T9 allows you to record from radio, and has a dedicated record key that you can use instead of staring record through a menu command.
The Zen has a bigger screen, has the hide option, and has a non proprietary mini USB connector (the T9 has to use a dedicated cable). Firmware updates are more straight forward on the Zen, (although not hard at all on the T9).

Man I wish at least one manufacturer would do a good competitive assessment and put out a player with the best features of what is out there.
Eric

Old 06-20-2008, 04:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Thanks Bobby,
I got it figured out now and it works real well. So far I really like this player.
Good to hear. Enjoy the Zen AiR_GuNNeR and welcome to ABI!

Zen FAQ

Old 06-21-2008, 05:19 PM

Default Zen Configuration Menu -- hide System???

I notice the Zen lets the user HIDE the "System" menu item. If one hides System, how can one regain access to the display heading to undo menu items that have been hidden?

Old 06-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hit the options button next to the back button on the player and click default menu
Samsung Galaxy tab 2 7.0
Motorola Droid razr m

Old 06-22-2008, 01:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Threads merged.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-16-2008, 11:38 AM

Edit: nvm
To help all people, first turn the protected files option on SHOW, then go and protect your files, then turn to HIDE.
When it's on hide, you won't be able to protect/unprotect files

Edit2:
Well, now it leaves me with a undeletable folder.... Neither can i add files, or remove them.
Unprotecting/protecting them works, but changes nothing for the problem above.
Help?

Last edited by Titus; 11-16-2008 at 12:32 PM.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
To help all people, first turn the protected files option on SHOW, then go and protect your files, then turn to HIDE.
When it's on hide, you won't be able to protect/unprotect files
Yes, good tip. It should be set to Show by default for the first time.

Quote:
Well, now it leaves me with a undeletable folder.... Neither can i add files, or remove them.
Unprotecting/protecting them works, but changes nothing for the problem above.
Help?
You can always boot into Recovery Mode and do a Cleanup. This will reset the user settings.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-16-2008, 01:42 PM

Well, the point is, I had so much problems, and now everything works fine, except that folder, is there another way?

Old 11-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Again, doing a Cleanup will remove any User Settings put in place that seem to have caused an issue with maybe not removing correctly.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-16-2008, 02:48 PM

Nope, didn't work.
Although my picture is in it again. strange, but I still can't delete it....
error messages says:"couldn't delete *filename*, the device is not responding or the connection is broken"

Hm, I can add files and delete them(from pc and zen) but the folder itself is still undeletable...
Solved my problem halve.

Old 11-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hmmmm, is it a folder you created or one the Zen has by default?

Zen FAQ

Old 11-16-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Nope, didn't work.
Although my picture is in it again. strange, but I still can't delete it....
error messages says:"couldn't delete *filename*, the device is not responding or the connection is broken"
Hmmm, I got that error today when I tried to manually delete all my music using Windows Explorer. There were 2 folders left, which both gave that error. When I tried to look into the folder, the pane on the right side, where the file would normally show, was entirely blank. No column headers or anything. I figured that something got corrupted in there.

I went into the recovery menu and did a format and a clean up and that little problem disappeared completely.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:08 AM

I created it myself.
And the recovery tool won't help.

Also something off topic: Some files are displayed strangely:
like "artist- song name.mp3" would become "ar"
no extension or anything. Although my player plays it correctely

Old 11-17-2008, 02:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Titus, can you see the folder that you can't delete from the Zen? Have you tried another computer? Also, I would make sure that you have WMP11 installed to get the most stability out of drag-and-drop support for MTP. This is sounding more and more like a file system corruption and a Format may be what is needed, like werezenwolf mentions.

Zen FAQ