Zune 3.1 software and firmware released, along with price cuts!
Today Microsoft released a 3.1 software and firmware upgrade that addresses quite a few bugs and added a few extras. The most obvious change is that there are now three new games, bringing the total "official" games to five. There are three new games - Checkers, Sudoku, and Space Battle - along with a multi-player option and added difficulties to Texas Hold 'Em. The three new games, and their descriptions are as follows:
Checkers: Checkers - the eternal strategy challenge you can learn in minutes and play for life. Play the classic game or try suicide mode, in which the first to lose all their pieces wins.
SuDoKu: Solve Sudoku by filling in all nine rows and columns with the numerals 1 through 9. Each numeral can only be placed once in a given row or column. Play the classic 9×9 or a quick 6×6 game.
Space Battle: Survive as long as you can against increasingly aggressive waves of alien attackers! Customize your ship and add weapons to your armory as you progress through the game.
Texas Hold 'Em is enhanced with new multiplayer options so now you can play with a nearby friend. There are also new single-player difficulty levels for you Texas Hold 'Em pros out there.
Other enhancements with this 3.1 release include:
• Zune Social enhancements include a visual refresh to make things easier to navigate, and a new feature called "Like Minded Listeners" that will let you see how compatible your music tastes are with friends and other listeners.
• There's improved stability and performance in both the device firmware and desktop software. On the device they've improved the play count reporting and content synchronization, especially channels and wireless purchases from the device. The device firmware also fixes quite a few bugs such as: eliminating the lags, freezing, rebooting, counter being stuck at 0:00, fast or slow playback speeds, Zune software not recognizing the device and now you can connect to the Marketplace from the device on a network with a hidden SSID.
To update your software and firmware open the desktop software and go to Settings -> Software -> General and click "Check for updates" or a message to update will automatically come up. Be sure to disconnect your Zune device first before updating the software. After the software finishes installing you can then connect your Zune and it should automatically prompt you to update it.
Price cuts that will finally make the Zune cheaper than the iPod:
• Zune 4GB: from $129 to $99
• Zune 8GB: from $149 to $139
• Zune 16GB: from $199 to $179
• Car Pack: from $79 to $69
• Home/AV Pack: from $79 to $59
• Dock Pack: from $39 to $49
DILLA BANGED MY WIFE
Last edited by Machiventa; 11-18-2008 at 06:43 PM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.