android
Old 11-10-2008, 01:36 PM

Red face Creative Zen vision 30 mb green screen

i have my zen about a year now no big problems i dont use it to much but i have been downloading a few vidoes etc from you tube i do also use lime wire but everything was well until today i was listening to it and it just went off at first i thought it was the battery gone dead,

but then i noticed the screen went green i couldnt do anything till i got home but by then it had gone off i tried to charge it but nothing happened even the red light on the charger plug was off, its completely dead looking ,

i tried the reset but still nothing i have notuced when i try to slide the switch to the on position i see a blue light coming through for about 5 secs then it just goes dead any clues folks ??? could i have a virus ???

Last edited by faolteam; 11-10-2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: .

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome faolteam. No, no virus. When you pushed the Reset button, did the screen finally turn off or did it stay green? It sounds like a failed battery (or worse possibility; mainboard). I would consider looking into getting an OEM replacement battery first.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-14-2008, 12:42 PM

Unhappy hi there

well i couldnt do much at teh time the greens screen stayed on for quite a bit at first i just thought my battery was not charged but now i notice when i turn it on a i can see a blue light in the on off switch stying on flashing for 5 seconds then thats it

the reset button did nothing

aghhhhhhhhh

help

Old 11-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
When you pushed the Reset button, did the screen finally turn off or did it stay green? It sounds like a failed battery (or worse possibility; mainboard). I would consider looking into getting an OEM replacement battery first.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-15-2008, 02:25 PM

Default yes

by the time i got to press the reset button the green screen had gone and it was just like it was off, also i said yesterday that the on off switch was showing teh blue light in it for 5 flashes well its not showing any coulour or life now and pressing the reset button does nothing

Last edited by faolteam; 11-15-2008 at 02:26 PM. Reason: ,

Old 11-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faolteam View Post
by the time i got to press the reset button the green screen had gone and it was just like it was off
Oh, ok I see.

Quote:
also i said yesterday that the on off switch was showing teh blue light in it for 5 flashes well its not showing any coulour or life now and pressing the reset button does nothing
Quote:
It sounds like a failed battery (or worse possibility; mainboard). I would consider looking into getting an OEM replacement battery first.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-17-2008, 12:49 PM

Unhappy im not really getting an answer here

but i have just been in touch with the guy who sells them on ebay turns out there refurbished ones ta that price i could have bought it in ireland cheaper i paid 110 sterling , he tells me it had only 3 months guarantee but i did not see any guarantee on itcana nyone advise what i can do teh seller name is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Creative-Zen-V...1%7C240%3A1318

but this is one he is selling now

Old 11-17-2008, 12:52 PM

Default can people sell u a refurbished zen

i purchased a creative zen last january and it has gone dead basically the seller i bought it off says it was only guaranteed for 3 months but this i was nevr told and if i had known it was refurbished i would have not bought it in the first place but surely i have some come back on this item can anyone help please or at leas warn people not to buy off him

but i have just been in touch with the guy who sells them on ebay turns out there refurbished ones ta that price i could have bought it in ireland cheaper i paid 110 sterling , he tells me it had only 3 months guarantee but i did not see any guarantee on itcana nyone advise what i can do teh seller name is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Creative-Zen-V...1%7C240%3A1318

but this is one he is selling now

Old 11-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Again:

Quote:
It sounds like a failed battery (or worse possibility; mainboard). I would consider looking into getting an OEM replacement battery first.

Zen FAQ

Last edited by BobbyRS; 11-20-2008 at 07:22 AM.

Old 11-18-2008, 04:10 AM

Just to be honest, in the auction description is clearly pointed out that the player is a refurbished one... I don't think that even Creative gives the usual 12 months warranty period on the refurbished ZVMs they sell on their homepage and the ZVM hasn't been sold new since many months ago so you could only find it used or refurbished.
Perhaps you could try to describe your problem (on a new thread and not on this one) and ask for some advices to see if you can fix it by yourself...

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 11-18-2008 at 04:16 AM.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:34 AM
Ultra Senior Member

faolteam, it shows right on the listing that the ZVM is refurbished and comes with a 3 month warranty. I'm sorry, but there is nothing you can do with this seller in terms of having them replace or repair the ZVM. You now have a out of warranty refurbished ZVM that, if you want fixed, you will have to either fix yourself (people here can help you) or pay someone to fix it for you. You can try contacting Creative or doing a Google search for "Zen Repair" for someone to service.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-18-2008, 04:09 PM

It looks to me like most anything on the Vision M canbe repaired. I would state the problem here and let someone like BobbyRS explain to you how and what to change out. He seems to be very knowledgeable about this product.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:08 PM

Default i should point out that

teh original item i bought of this seller did not have the 3 month refurbished guarantee that is only showing on this item i bought mine last december but anyway bobby if i get a OEM replacement battery how easy is it to get it a si live in ireland and how easy is it to take out the battery , im really sorry for been a nusisance

Old 11-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I'm not sure of the availability of the battery in Ireland, but for the OE replacement battery, I would search for:

From here:

Quote:
Mfr: SKC (OE suppiler)
Model: LPCS285385
Specs: 3.7 V, 1280 mAh<O</O
Dim: 2.8x53x85<O</O
mfr url: http://www.skc.co.kr/skhp/en/prod/bat/03.jsp (professional & competent)<O</O
to buy: difficult to locate sellers, Google “LPCS285385”, eBay
These should help with replacing the battery:
Here is the ABI disassembly guide.
Here is a video of a disassembly.
Here is a YouTube video of replacing the battery
Here is another YouTube video of replacing the battery

Zen FAQ

Old 11-19-2008, 09:33 PM

bobby i just plugged it into my laptop to charge and the blue light was flashing but after a hour the recovery mode came on but i aint got a clue what to do ??

EDIT: i did a clean up and a reboot this is what happened it came back and it stated playing again but im nearly sure my battery was charged before from an adaptor but as i said before when i plugged it in with adapter to the socket and not the laptop that adaptor wont come on and charge it it will only charge from lap top some how i think the battery is faulty, just dont know why it wont charge from mains doesnt reconise it ok guess i have to get a battery ???

Last edited by BobbyRS; 11-20-2008 at 07:23 AM.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:32 AM

Quote:
how easy is it to get it a si live in ireland and how easy is it to take out the battery , im really sorry for been a nusisance
On Ebay, there are lots of ZVM replacement batteries (both OEM as suggested by Bobby and not). You could buy a Cameron Sino battery too (they are the cheapest and they are very easy to find) but keep in mind that the latest firmware version that works with those batteries is v1.41.01 so you could have to downgrade your firmware (not a big pain at all).

p.s. Replacing a battery following the guide suggested by BobbyRS is a very straightforward procedure.

p.p.s. Are you sure that the problem is the battery? Perhaps you could describe here the issue you're experiencing...

Last edited by GuybrushThreepwood; 11-20-2008 at 03:37 AM.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:27 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
bobby i just plugged it into my laptop to charge and the blue light was flashing but after a hour the recovery mode came on but i aint got a clue what to do ??
Good. As it should do when the battery is depleted.

Quote:
EDIT: i did a clean up and a reboot this is what happened it came back and it stated playing again but im nearly sure my battery was charged before from an adaptor but as i said before when i plugged it in with adapter to the socket and not the laptop that adaptor wont come on and charge it it will only charge from lap top some how i think the battery is faulty, just dont know why it wont charge from mains doesnt reconise it ok guess i have to get a battery ???
Are you sure that the AC adapter is any good? I would test it to make sure. What kind of AC adapter are you using? Are you using an AC charger that plugs into the ZVM's sync adapter's AC connection?

If the battery is charging while connected to the USB port and working fine afterwards, then I would say the batter is not bad. It sounds as though it was just depleted and not being charged when connected to the AC charger.

At least now you know now that you can charge it.

Zen FAQ

Old 11-20-2008, 12:52 PM

Talking thank you for your help bobby sorry 4 been a nuisance

it plugs in to the bottom of it about an inch wide

the charger i have is a M-TEK

INPUT AC 90V 50HZ 130M/A
OUTPUT DC5 OV + 5%
500MA+50MA
MADE IN CHINA

BY THE WAY CAN U INCREASE THE BRIGHTNESS OR contrast in the video section of the zen ??

faolteam

Last edited by faolteam; 11-20-2008 at 12:57 PM. Reason: .

Old 11-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
it plugs in to the bottom of it about an inch wide
The sync adapter yeah. On the sync adapter there is an AC port to plug in the round adapter plug.

Quote:
the charger i have is a M-TEK

INPUT AC 90V 50HZ 130M/A
OUTPUT DC5 OV + 5%
500MA+50MA
MADE IN CHINA
Well within the charging specs.

Quote:
BY THE WAY CAN U INCREASE THE BRIGHTNESS OR contrast in the video section of the zen ??

faolteam
You'll have to change it in the display settings, but it will be set for the screen and show that way all the time.

Zen FAQ