android
Old 10-30-2008, 12:54 PM

Help No RDS on 3.06 US?

Hi. I have that amazing player but I there's a one thing wrong. If i turn fm radio on I never see RDS info. I have 3.06 US firmware and I read on this version is a RDS. Have someone this problem ? How I can solve that?

ps. sorry for my badly English... I still learning that language

Last edited by Stitch; 10-30-2008 at 01:20 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-31-2008, 01:10 AM

Try the EU version of the firmware. I had it working, but dumped it for the KV version (Korean/UMS)

Old 10-31-2008, 02:37 AM

I've upgrade firmware to 3.06 MTP EU/US from this topic and still not working . I have good signal.... I don't know whats happening .

Last edited by Stitch; 10-31-2008 at 03:45 AM.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
Hi. I have that amazing player but I there's a one thing wrong. If i turn fm radio on I never see RDS info. I have 3.06 US firmware and I read on this version is a RDS. Have someone this problem ? How I can solve that?

There is a Small Text file that will change a US model to a EU one..

That has RDS..

Old 11-01-2008, 02:34 AM

Where I can find that small text file? Sorry but I don't know much about this things

edit://///////

zipdisk thanks man big hugs to you! I found that thread and I make config.dat Now RDS works!!!

Last edited by Stitch; 11-07-2008 at 11:00 AM.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:27 AM

I can't seem to find the thread...not really sure what I am searching for...link please? or search suggestion? I know I should just dump the BB firmware and move on but I'm not sure which would be the coolest firmware to use...I kinda need the subscription capability for now for Spiralfrog...but eventually I want to go to UMS....

Old 11-22-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post

Here is the Info, found it here, but updated and made it simple to do.

1. Open the editor (Notepad) and type (or copy) the following lines:

YP-T10
EU EU MTP

2. Save the file as config.dat
3. Copy this file to your T10 in the Data Directory or the Root directory
4. Disconnect from the computer and switch on.
5. RDS should work, I could not try it as very limited RDS stations around here in NZ.

Old 11-22-2008, 09:01 AM

Thanks man! It seems crazy that something THIS simple they wouldn't implement....I'm gonna try that tomorrow and report back...I can't wait to see what stations in my area do that! (wanna do now but I'm leaving...maybe tonight..)

Old 11-22-2008, 09:40 AM

Had a bit of time...tried it...no go...I hate this BB firmware!!!!!!!
Tried resets...making a Data folder and putting it in there as well as putting it in root....changing FM region to Other countries etc...none worked...and I remember seeing the Cleveland stations, some of them used RDS...none show up.... gotta think it's this firmware...I think it's time to change.

Files are misplaced in the Album area (tags are correct yet they seem to randomly end up in other album folders)
Get sound from Mic when radio's on (hear yourself touching device and if you talk right into it you hear yourself)
And this doesn't work....
that and the stupid Rhapsody crap....I'm gonna change it this weekend and try your trick again....

Or maybe there is something physically wrong with my player.

Old 11-22-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poem58 View Post
Had a bit of time...tried it...no go...I hate this BB firmware!!!!!!!
Tried resets...making a Data folder and putting it in there as well as putting it in root....changing FM region to Other countries etc...none worked...and I remember seeing the Cleveland stations, some of them used RDS...none show up.... gotta think it's this firmware...I think it's time to change.

Files are misplaced in the Album area (tags are correct yet they seem to randomly end up in other album folders)
Get sound from Mic when radio's on (hear yourself touching device and if you talk right into it you hear yourself)
And this doesn't work....
that and the stupid Rhapsody crap....I'm gonna change it this weekend and try your trick again....

Or maybe there is something physically wrong with my player.
The firmware I tried it on was not he BB Firmware, from reports here is seems that most get rid of it and use the MSC or MTP, but RDS does not work on the MSC firmware.

Old 11-24-2008, 03:01 PM

Thanks...and these abbreviations are close and keep confusing me but I believe I have the MTP as I can use subscription content...I think I want to stay with that for now...cause I do get stuff from a free music site that uses DRM WMA files....so it should work on that...just not on Best Buy firmware I guess...I will absolutely cry tears of joy the day I finally ditch this forced firmware and get to enjoy my player as it was intended.

Thanks and I'll try the trick again soon...unless I finally find what the difference between the firmwares are and maybe just go EU or KR....

Old 11-24-2008, 03:52 PM

The RDS Patch turns a US one to a EU one, as I have done it, but mine now is the LaFleur but with the Chaplin Theme.