android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Sony Walkman > Walkman A Series

Old 11-28-2008, 10:12 AM

Default Vista problems. Files won't sync in right folder, no album art

Hi everyone i need some help.

After checking out the option to change MTP to USB Mass Storage mode (UMS) via device management I wanted to change it back to MTP, but the option didn't show up. What did show up was a WDP driver, which i clicked hoping I could turn it back to MTP from there. I'm on Vista Home Premium.

The reason why I wanted to check out the other modes was the fact that syncing with my Sony NWZ-A828 doesn't work as it used to on my Windows XP laptop. I used MediaMonkey to sync. Normally the files would be copied to the folder Music\Artist\Album\ but since I'm on Vista MediaMonkey throwed everything in the root folder of the Walkman.

In UMS mode and WDP mode the folder creation did work, but the album art didn't get synced properly. Only throws the .jpg in the folder, but doesn't generate a .alb in the same folder and doesn't make copies of the .jpg in SONYWM/PROP_REP to get the album art working properly.

So how can I fix this? Really need to get this working otherwise I'll be stuck using my laptop for syncing which is really slow...

Edit:
Ok I got it back to MTP somehow, don't know the steps I did but it worked!

Back in MTP mode but still got the problem with the album art syncing in MediaMonkey. Does anybody know a solution for this problem.

It seems to be Vista related since I don't have the same problems on my XP laptop...

WMP is actually putting the files in the correct folder tree, but not syncing album art at all. My album art is non-attached .jpg in stored in the album folder but shouldn't be a problem since that worked before.

All solutions and advice welcome!

Last edited by Stephan; 11-28-2008 at 12:48 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]