android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M

Old 12-01-2008, 01:14 PM

I have spent hours trying to find a solution to make my zen vision m connect to my laptop. I am using a dell inspiron 5150 running windows xp. I have attempted to download creatives media explorer and i get an error message stating the my system doesnt support the software. I tried this on my work computer, and got the same error message. When i plug the zen in i hear the usb connected sound but it will not show up in explorer or anywhere saying its connected, i have reset the device, rebooted the computer, nothing. it does not go into sync or docked mode. I just received this zen from my father after he got a new device so i have no experience with it. I dont mind loosing whats on it bc i plan on wiping it out anyway, but id like to find a way to get some music on it! anyone with any ideas?

Thank you so much!

Also.. i have wmp11 and it doesnt show up there either.

Last edited by BobbyRS; 12-01-2008 at 02:25 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome ACullen86. What operating system are you using and version of Windows Media Player that is installed? You don't really need the Creative software to use the ZVM. How does the driver look in Device Manager after you connect the ZVM; what category is it under and does it show an error?

Zen FAQ

Old 12-01-2008, 02:34 PM

its not showing up at all, anywhere. I cannot see it on any list, not in wmp11, not in explorer, however when i plug it in i can hear the connected sound, and the balloon saying found new hardware pops up, but then nothing.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Then it should be somewhere in Device Manager. Expand the categories and have a look. Portable Devices.... Other Devices.

Keep Device Manage open while the ZVM is unplugged, then plug in and you should see Device Manager refresh while loading the ZVM driver.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-01-2008, 06:47 PM

it is showing up iny device manager, it has an error it says the drivers are not installed. it wants me to install the drivers froma disc (which i do not have) i am downloading what is supposed to be the drivers for the zvm,however what i have read is that your not supposed to need the drivers for it. Ill let you know how it goes with the newly downloaded drivers.

Thank you for your help!

no l luck with th driver, it asks me to plug in my zvm and it is plugged in, i unplugged it, plugged it back in and its still asking me to connect my device. any suggestions?

wow, by chance, just screwing around, i got it to work! i cant believe it! it needed the MTP driver updated. Thank you sooooooo m uch for all your help,i have literally spent hours trying to figure this out and you pointed me in the right direction! couldnt have done it without you. Many Many thanks!

Last edited by BobbyRS; 12-01-2008 at 09:09 PM.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Ahhh good to hear. No problem! Enjoy the ZVM!

Zen FAQ