android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Insignia > Insignia Pilot

Old 11-24-2008, 09:20 PM

Default Glitchy Pilot Problem, Any Help or Suggestions Appreciated

So I got my 8gb Insignia Pilot in May. It seemed to be the perfect player for me, and had been until some problems started. First all of my files were showing up as "Unknown." After some desperate attempts to fix it, I finally deleted all the music and put it back on, and all was fixed. Now, for a couple months or so, I'm not exactly sure, it has been very gltichy. I get into the Music Library and it often automatically goes to 'Play All' before I have a chance to click the button to the right. If I do get into the artist menu, which I prefer to browse from, while scrolling down the list it pops up very frequently as if I'd pressed the middle button, though I have not, and preceeds to play the song. I then have to start over and try again. Then, when I am playing the song, it starts and stops as if I'm pressing the middle button to pause and un-pause it. I now have to resort to putting it on hold, or locking it, while I listen to the song so that it doesn't stop. i just tried to delete all the music and put it back on, but alas, it is still causing me the same problems.
If anyone has any idea what in the world I should do, please help me. I love my player, and at this point I can use it, but it causes me great frustration anytime I do. In fact, just today, it deleted my favorite album and I was unable to stop it, it was as if I'd been pressing the buttons.
Any help or suggestions are appreciated, and thank you in advance. =]

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-25-2008, 07:43 AM

Sounds like the mechanical switches have become dirty and are shorting out.
If you have mech skills, a disassembly and a through cleaning might help.
I feel these players are throw away toys and refurbs are a dime a dozen…
If I had the time or low on cash, the cleaning option would be high on the list…
Good luck.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:15 PM

Go to "settings", then "system", then "erase internal memory". Then put all your songs, videos, etc. back on.
I think it's reformatting or something.

After doing that, my Pilot has been nearly glitch free since, the only recurring glitch being that sometimes it starts songs where i last paused them (like it does with videos). Also, before i did that formatting thing, my Pilot could not display foreign characters (e.g. Japanese), but after doing it, it shows them.

Old 12-01-2008, 08:44 PM

To nobs: Thanks for the tip, I could try to clean it a little, to the best of my ability =]
To SaruNinja: I've already tried erasing the internal memory, but thank you =]

Tags
glitchy, insignia, pilot, sensitive, touchy