android
Old 07-10-2008, 12:46 AM

Default Bluetooth Headphones

Can someone suggest a pair of bluetooth headphones for my pilot that have good sound, built-in volume control and also sync well with the video mode of the pilot?

I purchased the insignia brand of the bluetooth headphones with built-in microphone and the audio always seems to be behind 1-2 seconds from the movie.

I had an old pair of logitech headphones that I plugged into the audio jack (it has a receiver) and I got perfectly synced audio.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-10-2008, 10:17 AM

Default Bluetooth headphones

I'm using IOGear headphones
http://www.buy.com/prod/iogear-wirel...206179577.html
and they work fine. I've watched movies, music videos and TV shows with them and never had anything out of sync. On occasion they have over-modulated on music, but I think that was more of an encoding error on my part. I'm happy with them, especially for the price.

Old 07-10-2008, 01:27 PM

Check out what I bought in this thread:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=31198

No video/audio sync issues here either.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:16 PM

I'm using Motorola S9's and have no video-audio sync issues with the Pilot (which was a pleasant surprise because I've seen video-audio sync issues with other bluetooth headsets and player combinations).

Old 07-10-2008, 09:26 PM

I just bought a used Pilot for $30 on ebay. Syncing it to my Philips SHB6100 took just a few seconds, and the sound is really good. I've tested other headsets from Motorola, BlueAnt, Sony, IOGear, and Samsung, and these were my favs! I have them paired to my cellphone, my laptop, and now my Pilot, switching between the three is a breeze. Here are some of the specs:

• Bluetooth profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, Handsfree, Headset
• Bluetooth version: 1.2
• Call Management: Switch between call and music, Answer/End Call, Reject Call, Voice dial, Last number redial, Call Transfer
• Volume control
• Battery Type: Li-ion
• Rechargeable
• Music playtime: 10 hr
• Standby time: Up to 260 hrs
• Talk time: Up to 12 hrs
• Battery weight: 10.8 g
• Magnet type: Neodymium
• Speaker diameter: 32 mm

Old 07-15-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tst4eko View Post
Check out what I bought in this thread:
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=31198

No video/audio sync issues here either.

I am encoding my videos at 512/128 mp4 and after purchasing these headphones you suggested I still have about a 1.5 second delay. Maybe the way Im encoding them is taking the player or headphones too long to stream. Can you tell me what most of you all encode your movies at so I can rule out yet another faulty thing on my pilot?

Old 07-15-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klumze View Post

I am encoding my videos at 512/128 mp4 and after purchasing these headphones you suggested I still have about a 1.5 second delay. Maybe the way Im encoding them is taking the player or headphones too long to stream. Can you tell me what most of you all encode your movies at so I can rule out yet another faulty thing on my pilot?

I'm encoding with the same profile as you (technically xvid in avi wrapper) and am not experiencing bluetooth a/v sync issues with the moto S9's. I am also not seeing sync issues with Amazon unbox videos on my pilot that are WMV encoded. Like I said before, I am actually suprised to not be experiencing noticeable sync a/v issues with the Pilot as that issue is a notorious achilles heel of bluetooth in general.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:37 AM

Default Motorola HT820

I got a pair of Motorola HT820 headphones from Ebay for like $20. They are more than that at buy.com
http://www.buy.com/prod/motorola-ht8...207977497.html

I highly recommend these. I have used them frequently for biking and the behind the head feature is nice when wearing a helmet. They are comofortable and the cushioning holds well to your ear so that even with the wind going by you can still hear the audio quite clearly. They have all the controls (vol +/-, Skip track +/- and Play/pause) that make it easy to navigate your now playing list.

Old 12-02-2008, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klumze View Post

I am using the iRiverter v0.16 video converter. Use the Creative Zen M profile with no changes to settings & you should be good to go.