android
Old 11-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It should stay there until you select to go out.

Zen FAQ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-12-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
It should stay there until you select to go out.
I've got 1.03 firmware, maybe that's it. I don't think this was listed in the improvements but I'll get it tonight. It actually does stay there sometimes but not always.

Last edited by mabes10; 11-12-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeah, worth a shot. Sounds like a possible firmware issue anyway.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-04-2008, 05:22 PM

I updated the firmware and it still won't stay on that screen. This is the 3rd Now Playing screen. It's a shame as I have a really cool wallpaper with a Stratocastor and the cover art against that looks really cool for those 10 seconds.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Did you try reloading the firmware from within Recovery Mode? That way the current firmware was removed before installing. Just in case the problem carried over to the new firmware load.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-05-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Did you try reloading the firmware from within Recovery Mode? That way the current firmware was removed before installing. Just in case the problem carried over to the new firmware load.
No. Can I do that here at work, I imagine I would lose all the songs.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

No, you won't lose your files reloading firmware. You lose files when you do a Format. The Firmware is stored on a different partition than data files.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-11-2008, 05:51 PM

Still doesn't work, whatever. Strange, though. Have Zen players been hacked before? What I really want is covers to display full screen or close to it. My brother has a fairly new iPod and he can't do that either.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Still not staying on the album art screen? Yeah, the ZVM has been "hacked" for customizing parts like boot screens, fonts... and Rockbox, but not the newer Zen players yet.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-01-2009, 04:06 AM

I'm having album art troubles as well, i sync my zenxfi with wmp and no album art is displayed even after i formatted the player. The same songs show up with art on my zen vision m

Old 01-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Ultra Senior Member

For the Zen/X-Fi, the album art needs to be embedded into the ID3 tag. The ZVM can read JPG album art in addition to embedded album art.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-21-2009, 05:45 PM

Default album art on napster to go

having real problems getting my x fi 8gb to display album art from albums taken from napster to go. formatted my player but out of 80 albums only 10 show album art on the player? all albums have been taken from napster to go. any ideas?

Old 01-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Do they contain album art? Use a program like MP3Tag and make sure they have the album art embedded into the ID3 tag.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-22-2009, 04:33 AM

How do I do that? sorry I'm new to this

Old 01-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

You may want to have a look at the Zen FAQ:

Quote:
How do I get my ID3 Tags tagged correctly?

You have to use a ID3 Tag editing program. This can be done using many different programs. I prefer using MP3Tag for editing all my MP3 files. WMP11 is also good at editing ID3 Tags.

See Tagging FAQ here.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-26-2009, 07:44 PM

Default Centrale, album art, and reset

I am new to this forum, so I hope this message comes through where it is supposed to. I am having issues with needing to reset my player after adding/deleting music and being connected to Centrale (and even sometimes to turn the zen on/off I have to reset it). Creative Support suggested I go through the recovery process. I have done the whole backup, cleanup, format, transfer files back, etc process, but the album art did not transfer back from windows explorer. When connected to Centrale, it displays the album art in Centrale on the Zen library, but there is no album art on the actual Zen. Does anyone know of a way to get the album art to appear on the Zen without deleting and transferring all of the files again? I have already hard reset my player twice since I've had it in a month, I really don't want to go through all of that hassle of transferring 7500 music files again. Any guidance or thoughts are appreciated.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Make sure you are transfering the files with a sync manager and not by drag-and-drop using Windows Explorer. Album art is created on the Zen by generating ALB files based upon the embedded album art in the ID3 tag. I believe when just drag-and-dropping, the command used for the Zen's database to create these ALB files based on the embedded album art within the ID3Tag is not sent/received. Only when using a sync manager that interacts with the Zen's database is when this is done (sometimes even incorrectly done).

Zen FAQ

Old 01-30-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
The album art displays large enough, imo. You can go to a screen to where the album art is displayed pretty large.
Sorry if this is a obvious question, but how do you do that?

Old 01-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

From the Zen X-Fi Manual:

Quote:
On the main menu, select Music
- Press OK. In the Now Playing view, the progress bar changes to a rating bar.
- Press OK a second time. Any Album Art you have is displayed on the screen.
- Press OK a third time. The Selected Music view appears.
- To exit, press OK.

Zen FAQ

Old 03-11-2009, 04:05 AM

Just thought I'd mention to anyone looking for a media manager J. River Media Center transfers the album art just fine. By the way, all my album art is stored as "folder.jpg" in the album folder, none of my album art is stored in the tag (I find this practice to be a waste of space).

Also, Media Center has a pretty good album art search tool if your music doesn't have cover art yet.

I like Media Center, but it has some issues and is kinda buggy... also it's $40. If you're thinking about using it make sure to get the demo first.