android
Old 12-04-2008, 02:26 AM

Default Stuck Screen On Zen V Plus

I recently purchased a refurbished Zen V Plus from the creative site (as in, last week). Tonight, I was fiddling with it, and watched that one panda ad video, that I don't understand but was interesting, so I decided to watch it again, and guess what? The screen got stuck! This is what it looks like now:

Black screen. Top right, the battery symbol, half full about. At the bottom is the title of the video, the song bar thing, and the times indicating how long the video is and how long it has left. The bar is gray.

It has been stuck like this for several hours. It won't let me do anything at all. No play, pause, back, or turn off. I tried connecting it to the computer, and its like its dead! Somebody please help me, I want my music back!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome calypso. Have you tried pressing the Reset button (little hole on the left side)? Use a paperclip to press. This will power off the Zen and allow you to do a hard boot.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-04-2008, 10:49 PM

Default Thank you

Thank you for that tip! I will try it if this ever happens again. However, since I asked for help, the mp3 ran out of battery and went dead, so I tried to charge it and after several attempts and 'rebuildings' of the library, it was normal again. I have no idea how. The reset, I did not know about. It could save a lot of trouble. Thanks again!

Old 12-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

No problem. Good to hear. Enjoy the Zen!

Zen FAQ