android
Old 06-20-2008, 03:28 AM

Exclamation Help me!!! Broken USB port

Hi all,

My ZVM 60GB USB port on the Sync adapter is not working, because when I connect it with the PC the player turns ON (if it was off) but there is no connectivity, no Charging.

I tried to clean it up, Format all, Erasing the firmware (from the recovery mode), but nothing happed.

kindly if any one had this problem before, or he knows how to solve it.

Thanks.
Mustafa.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-21-2008, 11:21 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Have you tried a different cable, USB port, or even a different computer?

Zen FAQ

Old 12-03-2008, 06:34 AM

Default ZVM 30 GB recognition/charging problem

Have a ZVM 30 GB and about a month ago stopped charging. Have tried rebuilding and reformatting the ZVM, wiped hard drive on my laptop, but still won't recognize and charge the player. Some limited battery power left in the ZVM as I can get to the format screen. Any ideas why it won't recognize/charge? Have tried plugging into another laptop, but won't recognize there either. No DC cable to charge at the wall, but maybe that would be the answer after reading the battery/charging problem posts, once the ZVM has enough power the computer will recognize it and the USB port will supply the power required. Running Vista.

Thanks

Old 12-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome davidschnepper. It sounds like you are on the right track with your thoughts. When you plug in the ZVM, how does Device Manager report the driver? Keep in mind, you will need to find a XP computer to load the firmware.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-04-2008, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engmstph View Post
My ZVM 60GB USB port on the Sync adapter is not working, because when I connect it with the PC the player turns ON (if it was off) but there is no connectivity, no Charging.

I tried to clean it up, Format all, Erasing the firmware (from the recovery mode), but nothing happed.
My ZVM did the same thing, but it was a problem within the port on the player with broken pins etc. It still charges from the wall though.

(Just noticed that it was an old post/thread i am replying to... sorry )
Or this: A glossary for newbies
-Stuart, Twitter

Old 12-04-2008, 07:37 AM
Ultra Senior Member

That's ok copeys. The thread was still active. It sounds like the bent pins you have were data pins, since you are still able to charge the ZVM.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-06-2008, 04:31 AM

I can not see the device when I open the device manager, so not sure how to find the driver information. I think I still have a copy of XP around, could load another OS? I did try plugging it into my work computer, W2000, but was not recognized there either.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

With Device Manager open already when you plug in the ZVM, do you see it refresh? If so, then it is detecting the ZVM. With Vista and XP, it should be listed under Portable Devices. Forget about Win2000. MTP needs installed a little differently in order for an MTP device will work correctly with it. Do you get any audible notification when you connect the ZVM to the computer? Have you tried another known working USB cable? Make sure you are using the USB ports on the back of the computer.

Zen FAQ