android
Old 12-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpalmes View Post
what i wish that my Cowon O2 has? BLUETOOTH + WIFI + GAMES. if cowon would add these to the present O2, then it would absolutely kill ipod video. nevermind the touch screen feature. i can go without that. who wants a greasy and slimey screen from endless touching.
Sounds like the Cowon Q5 or Archos 5 would have been the right one for you, not the O2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpalmes View Post
media can't be played from SD card, the slot is provided is merely for copying files in-between the card and O2.
Actually it's the other way round: you can of course play audio/video from the SD card, but you can't copy/paste between the card and the internal memory.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-12-2008, 09:42 AM

kinda curious as to what makes people want internet and bluetooth and stuff on an PMP, i mean is the videos and music you download from the internet not enough to entertain you?
Cowon A3 30g (working just fine)
Cowon O2 32gb /w 8gb SD Card(brand new hooray)

Old 12-12-2008, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Actually it's the other way round: you can of course play audio/video from the SD card, but you can't copy/paste between the card and the internal memory.
Actually you can copy things, I started doing it once by accident because I pushed a mystery button while I was in the browser.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Very interesting... seems I still haven't tried all of the weird unintuitive icons that all look the same.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgz View Post
kinda curious as to what makes people want internet and bluetooth and stuff on an PMP, i mean is the videos and music you download from the internet not enough to entertain you?
BLUETOOTH? freedom from wired headset/earphones!

WIFI? not necessarily for internet browsing, but rather for internet messaging...

GAMES? sometimes you had enough of listening to music and watching movies...

as for other utilities/extras, i can live without them. who needs a FM tuner, when you can have your own music selection. GPRS? leave them in your car period. CALENDAR? TIMER? WEATHER INFO? are these really necessary?

Old 12-16-2008, 11:48 AM

Without starting a new topic is the o2 worth it?

I know about Cowon usually releasing their players with hardly any firmware support/compatability but if you bypass that should i expect them to release some fixes to solve the problems?

I mainly want a PMP that can handle divx/xvid without converting it to a form the player can understand (if you understand my lingo, i mean i want more video codec support than my Zen).

As it stands i have a Creative Zen and the screen is a little small and i don't like the fact you have to load the SD card to play antthing on it, i just like to shuffle my playlists and be on my way.

Is their any other player that would suit me or should i wait and see?

Cheers

Old 12-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Contributing Editor

I understand the bluetooth def. Wireless is nice. Games, maybe, but they have systems for that. Plus gaming systems like the PSP or DS are way more advanced and in depth than any games on a pmp would be. Look how weak the games on the itouch are. If your looking for wifi, I think your in a whole other category. That KILLS the battery. And usually the reception and ease of use is not a strong point. For messaging, why not just use the cell phone?

Old 12-16-2008, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samage89 View Post
Without starting a new topic is the o2 worth it?

I know about Cowon usually releasing their players with hardly any firmware support/compatability but if you bypass that should i expect them to release some fixes to solve the problems?

I mainly want a PMP that can handle divx/xvid without converting it to a form the player can understand (if you understand my lingo, i mean i want more video codec support than my Zen).

As it stands i have a Creative Zen and the screen is a little small and i don't like the fact you have to load the SD card to play antthing on it, i just like to shuffle my playlists and be on my way.

Is their any other player that would suit me or should i wait and see?

Cheers
I had the Zen, then went to the Zune V1, then V2 and now an O2....I'm quite happy with it, its played everything I've thrown at it and when Cowon decides to come up with better firmware, I believe I'll be even more happier with it.

Not everybody is happy with the O2 but as far as I'm concerned, I think I made the right choice. The audio capabilities, screen size, multiple formats, touch screen, I'm sure I'll be keeping this one for awhile.

You can wait for something better and I'm sure there will be.....but how long do you want to wait?