android
Old 12-05-2008, 07:01 PM

Default Skipping/Lag/Freeze

Got a ZVM and from the start there has been freezing skipping and finally locked up. the only thing that works kind of is the FM tuner. I'm thinking it might be the HD or the batter. The battery doesn't seem to stay charged for every long.

any help pls?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Moved to correct forum.

Welcome solkannar21. What kind of a runtime would you say you are getting from the ZVM? It could be the hard drive. I would boot into Recovery Mode and do a Cleanup to see if that helps.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-22-2008, 03:31 AM

Default problems!

well when fully charged my zvm works so great its amazing. the problems start about 2 hours in of listening to music or mp3's. the thing starts to freeze none stop and im starting to think this is a battery issue. this was a recert refurb off amazon and the guy said his 30day warranty wont cover this and that I should connact creative. what are my options here on to either fix this issue or contact them??? fully charged for the first few hours this device is amazing after that its just hell.

please help me forum members you are my only hope

locks up
wont reset normally
wont turn off
turn it on and black screen
fm mp3's etc all freeze/skip

Old 12-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It's possible.... What firmware version is installed? Did the seller say why their warranty wouldn't cover this as it looks to be a hardware issue?

Zen FAQ

Old 12-22-2008, 07:43 PM

Default =\

it took awhile to ship and he said he only does a 30 day warranty and that its best if i contact creative and try to get a brand new one as some of his other customers have done in the past

ill check on the filmware thanks

Old 12-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

So, it is beyond his 30 day warranty? If it is still within his 30 day warranty period, I would press him for a replacement. It would most likely be much faster than Creative.

Zen FAQ