android
Old 12-23-2008, 04:04 PM

Angry Computer Not Recognizing Player

I've had my Zen Wav for over a year now. I've not had any problems until yesterday. I plugged the player into my USB port, preparing to add more music to it. I went to 'My Computer' to access the Zen Wav software. When I clicked on it, the program opened but nothing was clickable (all dimmed). So, I went the second route to access it through it being a 'Portable Device' and then I realized that my computer wasn't even recognizing it that way. So, I reset the player but no fix. Then I uninstalled/reinstalled the software but again, no fix. It does charge when it's plugged in, though and it works perfectly when I'm using the player. I'm using Vista but I don't think I can blame it on that because I've been successfully using the player with Vista since September. Obviously, it's past the warranty period at this point. I've left it plugged in, hoping it would evenually recognize it but nope. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Sincerely,
Sarah Marie

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome Aerogodess. Sart with Device Manager. Verify that the WAV is being detected properly and that the driver is loading without error when connected. Before connecting to the computer, open Device Manager, then plug in the WAV and see if Device Manager refreshes and then shows under Portable Devices.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-23-2008, 05:39 PM

Okay, I did what you said and it's not showing up in Device Manager. I even clicked 'Show Hidden Devices' under the View tab and still no fix.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Make sure you are using the USB ports in the back of the computer for now and try a different USB cable.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-24-2008, 01:54 AM

Angry

I only have three USB ports and I've used all three of them to no avail. Also, a standard USB cable doesn't appear to fit the Zen Wav. The Zen Wav has a very small port/connection -- I don't think that's a standard USB size, is it?

Old 12-24-2008, 07:42 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yes, that is a standard USB cable with the Wav. A type A male to mini-b male USB cable.

Zen FAQ

Tags
connection, creative, usb not recognized, wav, zen