android
Old 12-20-2008, 09:48 AM

Default NWZ-S639F - Media monkey & inserting cover art

I have used ITunes to drag & drop via the content transfer pop up, all the music has transferred no probs (all AAC but no DRM in my itunes) but apx 50% of the album covers have not transferred or any ratings? what is the best program now to update the walkman? media manager had no options for artwork & media monkey seems to only open individual folders/albums one at a time & wont show cover art at all even the covers that did transfer across to the walkman?

I take it how I inserted the artwork originally via itunes was the reason some did not copy over? (used get album artwork or cut & paste in itunes)

Thanx in advance

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-21-2008, 05:54 AM

If you like to use iTunes, then I suggest a program called Tunesleeve. It scans your iTunes library for missing album art and then finds album art for those albums. You can then download the art and it will embed the art into the files' ID3 tags

Old 12-21-2008, 01:04 PM

The S639 may have a size limit (200 x 200) on album art and may only recognize jpgs. Check the size and format of the art.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:53 PM

just spent all weekend updating the media monkey library with artwork & reloaded the walkman - would not sync without deleting first? anyhows its now showing album artwork for albums as per in MM but not for many individual songs despite autotag being set to copy to tracks?

Old 12-21-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue71 View Post
just spent all weekend updating the media monkey library with artwork & reloaded the walkman - would not sync without deleting first? anyhows its now showing album artwork for albums as per in MM but not for many individual songs despite autotag being set to copy to tracks?
Did you check the file format and size of your album art? I use MM and it occasionally will not save an updated tag to the media file. I have to repeat the process. Try updating just one album at a time and look at the status bar at the bottom of the application. I should show how many files are in the queue to update. If it doesn't show the status or the status does not change, it did not actually update the files.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:05 AM

to clarify - M Monkey shows the tracks with the covers as per the album, it's when I copied it to the Walkman they mainly dont show up when playing tracks (shows the covers fine in album view) I didn't check the size of any art just accepted what the auto-tag gave me, will prob leave it for now - can't be arsed checking through hundreds of albums & reducing the size of covers

Love the player though great sound!

Old 12-22-2008, 08:24 AM

Your album art can show up in Media Monkey all day and still not show up on the player if you do not check the size and file type. Media Monkey supports image sizes and file types that are not supported by many mp3 players so it will show all day and mean nothing. It can also show album art for files that are not tagged with album art if they are in the same directory. If you accept whatever auto tags provides, you probably have files which exceed the size supported by the player. It's not an uncommon issue for many players.

100% of my album art shows up on my NWZ-S639F. If you want it work, that's what you have to do. It you are happy with the way it is, enjoy.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:22 AM

But, ALL the album covers show up on the Walkman in Album View......(middle pic)

just not all when playing individual tracks.....(about 50%) below

which makes me think it's a tag issue in the tracks - trying mp3tag to see if that clears it up a bit

Old 12-24-2008, 10:00 AM

I'm done....good luck! I gave you some solid advise in three posts and you'd rather debate it than give it try it. Until you confirm the size and format of your album, it's probably going to keep doing what it currently is doing.

Last edited by pgh1969pa; 12-24-2008 at 10:07 AM.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:37 AM

Since when has clarifying something been debating it?

I am updating media monkey & checking the album covers (size/format) most are small enough got 500x500 showing fine - the issue seems to have been tagging the tracks with the art & syncing with the walkman - I am using 2 new things at once M/Monkey & Sony walkman & am just getting my head round it - Itunes to Ipod was a lot easier than this

Old 12-24-2008, 10:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Try resizing the album art to NO MORE than 220X220. I have all my album art showing, but these Sony players CAN be fickle. And pgh1969pa has been trying to help you, but all you do is tell him what you've done DIFFERENTLY. seems your gonna' do as you feel, so good luck.

Old 12-25-2008, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
The S639 may have a size limit (200 x 200) on album art and may only recognize jpgs. Check the size and format of the art.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue71 View Post
just accepted what the auto-tag gave me, will prob leave it for now - can't be arsed checking through hundreds of albums & reducing the size of covers
You ignore the solution yourself, so good luck with that.

Old 12-26-2008, 05:58 AM

No I did not ignore the solution at all.....I did the auto-tag BEFORE reading about the size issue........

I did after reading some of the posts started to check/change art which is to big BUT most of the missing art was due to tracks not being tagged with the art...... (didn't use m monkey correctly)

I have used the advise on here.......also I have done some trial & error myself big deal! If that offends the precious ones on here so be it