android
Old 12-26-2008, 02:10 PM

Unhappy File details dont save when transferring to pc

Hi this is my first post here.

Anyhoo im having trouble saving my mp3s to my new laptop as when i copy them the artist and album etc. details change to default. I have over 5000 songs and I cant bear the thought of having to go through them all filling in the details. Is there anyway of copying the files with the details i have filled in on the mp3 player?

thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Welcome CrimsonRaven. If you have their ID3 tags filled in correctly, that information should transfer. I would make sure you have WMP11 installed as well to get the best MTP support for copying the files from the ZVM to the computer.

Zen FAQ

Old 12-26-2008, 07:39 PM

Or, if you don't want to get all technical...just change the properties before you move them all because sometimes the ID3 tags take the info and sometimes they don't. It is a pain but that way you know exactly what you are doing when you do it. Oh and if you can help me out I would appreciate it very much. Welcome to this, I'm new too.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I believe that was part of the point.... to not have to adjust the properties/tags of 5000 files.

Zen FAQ