android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Insignia > Insignia Pilot

Old 05-21-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragn View Post
Have you played with the charger options in the settings? I looks like if you have it connected to a charger that powers on and off with the car it will auto pause and play as the power is removed and added. It's worth looking into.

tk
Yes I know about that feature, I don't like to have extra wires, aka the power wire, unless i have to.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-04-2008, 07:34 PM

Default bookmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoton View Post
***When returning to a bookmarked file, player should also play all files in the directory of the bookmarked file, i.e. REAL bookmarking***
Yes yes, please please!! I use mine 95% of the time for audio books.

Also, would like to be able to load more than 2000 items. Some books have many parts.
S

Old 06-15-2008, 04:09 AM

I would really like to be able to play mp3 from SD card or internal memory in the order how they are in folders. Pilot plays mp3's using the ID3 tags.

I have a 20 bucks mp3 player that only plays mp3's from SD card just like they are in the folders, like you would see them in windows explorer.

Would be cool to see a function in the folder browser that would allow you to select the SDHC and hit play all.

Old 06-17-2008, 12:52 AM

audio L & R channel balance

Old 06-22-2008, 04:18 AM

I've had the Pilot for about a week now, it should definitely be an open sourced device.

I'd like to use the star rating button for different functions, I don't need the rating function at all.

1. Use the rating button(push right) to switch between EQ presets.

btw, one custom EQ preset is not enough at all.

2. Use the rating button (push left) to toggle shuffle on/off.

3.Use the rating button(push down) to start immediate recording.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:56 PM

Default Hello from a new user

I just bought the NS-8V24 a couple of days ago. I am mostly very happy with it. I did run into bug 1b, which is related to progressive jpegs. I was able to convert all mine to none progressive and it worked fine, but it was still annoying. I am sure bug 7b is this same bad behavior. I have noticed from time to time that the tag information does not match the song that is playing. I need to track it a bit more to see what the damage is with this, as I am sure it is something tag related, but still a bug. Next on my list is to play with playlists, I hope I have good luck with this.

System
Mandriva 2008.0
AMD dual core
4 GB ram

Votes
=============================================
personal highest priority
26 FLAC audio support - big YES
1b BUG:{Major, Confirmed, Firmware: 1.006 } Player hangs while
trying to display certain .JPG images - big YES
42 In-player Bluetooth volume control - big YES
36 Replay Gain tag support for all music formats, especially OGG Vorbis - big YES ( all my music has replay tags)
2 Ability to display album art from folder.jpg / albumart.jpg images - yes

1 Remember playlist / currently playing media after sync/charge - yes
9 Wallpaper - yes
1c <FCR> Add “Play/Add” sub-menu to Folder Browser - yes 8 Ability to search the database for specific artists, albums or songs - yes
15 Option to disable data communications while connected to PC - yes
13 Multiple on-the-go playlists + playlist editor - yes

4 Ability to copy files from external to internal memory and vice versa - yes
6 Video/Photo Folders - yes
10 Ability to sort library by song rating - yes
12 Additional EQ profiles - yes (several custom slots would be nice)
14 Player should check to see if ID3 tags have been modified since last DB refresh to prevent unnecessary time consuming DB refreshes - yes
18 Display artist name next to song title in the “Now Playing” quick view list - yes
24 FM Timer Recording - yes
25 Alarm clock function - yes
33 Ability to delete an entire folder - yes
34 Player should remain in the same directory after syncing, SD card insertion/removal, and after deleting a file - yes
35 Ability to play video at 640x480 via TV-out - yes
2c <FCR> Reverse menu button operation -yes
5 Ability to switch to filename view in photo browser - yes
23 Option to enable audio feedback - yes

Old 06-24-2008, 11:21 AM

I just want improved podcasting support. Currently the only way to autoresume podcast files so you can listen to a different track is through the audible icon. ie you have to exit and then reenter the audible icon to select different files. If you forget and simply skip to the next file having entered this way, it will then reset any mp3 podcast back to the start which is poor behaviour and needs to be fixed. Going to the music menu or folder view will also reset any mp3 podcasts to the beginning. The drop down menu on selecting a file in folder view should include a resume option as well. Ideally I would like a podcast folder separate to the audible folder although fixing the autoresume in the audible folder to include mp3 files would be acceptable. Sure you can use bookmarks but with proper autoresume you don't need them. Also it's easy to forget to bookmark when you have to manually do it everytime. I think at least getting autoresume working on mp3 files properly in the audible folder should be amongst the priority list of fixes rather than simply adding additional features to the Pilot.

Old 06-27-2008, 01:10 PM

2 Ability to display album art from folder.jpg/albumart.jpg images-yes
9 Wallpaper-yes
6 Video/Photo Folders-yes
16 Ability to edit filenames in the player-yes
28 Games-yes
29 GAMES: Tetris-yes
35 Ability to play video at 640x480 via TV-OUT-yes
NES, N64, CameCube, Xbox, Wii

Old 07-01-2008, 09:13 PM

I really don't want to read through the whole thread to see if someone's posted this, but I'd really like to be able to turn off the display while connected via tv-out, and while connected to computer or charging with a USB charger. TV-out battery performance is awful and anything to improve it would be nice.

I'd also like to vote for the following:
1 Remember playlist / currently playing media after sync/charge, as well as the ability to bookmark entire playlists

Pressing back in random mode should skip to the last song, not a new random one.

More agressive auto-connect of bluetooth. Currently it only auto connects at startup, and even then only if you had the bluetooth connected when it was shut off. Every other bluetooth device can monitor for paired devices and connect when they are nearby. It's currently a hassle to use bluetooth since you almost always have to go through the menus to connect it.

I would love much more configurability in how the bookmark/rating rocker works, as I never use it for ratings, and almost no one else does.

14 Player should check to see if ID3 tags have been modified since last DB refresh to prevent unnecessary time consuming DB refreshes [4 votes] This would be very nice. Why does the player need to scan the files when it starts up if I haven't changed anything?

Mp3 record from line in and radio

It's a fantasy, but slightly more flexible support for video would be wonderful. I know that video podcasts are unrealistic as the ipod uses H.264 which can't be handled on the pilot's processor, but not even zune podcasts, which are 320x240 WMV's work. For example, the MSNBC podcasts at
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8132577/

Old 07-01-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semiquaver View Post
More agressive auto-connect of bluetooth. Currently it only auto connects at startup, and even then only if you had the bluetooth connected when it was shut off. Every other bluetooth device can monitor for paired devices and connect when they are nearby. It's currently a hassle to use bluetooth since you almost always have to go through the menus to connect it.

14 Player should check to see if ID3 tags have been modified since last DB refresh to prevent unnecessary time consuming DB refreshes [4 votes] This would be very nice. Why does the player need to scan the files when it starts up if I haven't changed anything?

It's a fantasy, but slightly more flexible support for video would be wonderful. I know that video podcasts are unrealistic as the ipod uses H.264 which can't be handled on the pilot's processor, but not even zune podcasts, which are 320x240 WMV's work. For example, the MSNBC podcasts at
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8132577/
Yep I agree on these 3. My phone reconnects to the stereo everytime I get into my car if it was the last device connected, the pilot doesn't . It only seems to reconnect if the Pilot is turned off and on once connected. I use it to listen to podcasts on my drive to work so this is a hassle.

These devices should work like my Pocket PC or ipod, leave the files alone. The refreshing is an annoyance. My wife's sansa has the same affliction with external memory which basically made it useless unless we stopped using the microsd card.

The inability to play wmv files unless encoded with media converter is baffling at best and annoying at worst. I have encoded wmv files with essentially the same settings as media converter using either Super or Windows Media Encoder and they don't work when there is no reason they shouldn't. It shouldn't need to be that strict.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:18 PM

They should sometime in the future try to make the bluetooth so it will sync with a computer, if that is even possible. Im not saying this should be in the next update, but they should try it sometime in the future.
NES, N64, CameCube, Xbox, Wii

Old 07-13-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGot.a.mac View Post
They should sometime in the future try to make the bluetooth so it will sync with a computer, if that is even possible. Im not saying this should be in the next update, but they should try it sometime in the future.
Bluetooth isn't nearly fast enough to make this worthwile. BT1.0/1.2 has a max data rate of 721kbit/s (90kbyte/s). BT2.0 has a maximum effective rate of 2.1mbit/s (262kbyte/s). Even in this unrealistic best case scenario, it would take 4 minutes to sync a 60MB album. It would take 9 hours to sync a whole 8GB pilot. The battery would fail before that, so you'd need to plug into USB anyway.

This is just silly; if you're close enough to use bluetooth, you're close enough to use USB, which is much quicker. PLEASE do not waste valuable development time adding this feature. There are many more important bugs to fix and features to add.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:19 PM

Thumb Up My suggestions?

• Better album art displays... (It shows up in WinAmp... not on the player)
  • Ability to use WinAmp playlists...
  • Recognizing ALL the songs on my 8GB card, not crapping out at 2000.
  • Recognition of special characters like accents, umlats, etc...

Old 10-30-2008, 08:29 PM

Hello,
I think the limit on how many tracks you can have is somthing they really need to sort out. I know people have mentioned it before but it dosent seem to be on the list of things for them to sort out?.. Or have i missed it?..
Why did they decided to put that limit on there in the first place?
If they sorted it out then people could use 16 or 32gb sdhc cards no problems (a part from the start up times?..).

Old 12-05-2008, 09:50 PM

I hear there's going to be another NS-DV firmware release.
:O

Old 12-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaruNinja View Post
I hear there's going to be another NS-DV firmware release.
:O
...and where did you hear that?

Old 12-06-2008, 03:05 PM

oh wow
nevermind.

sorry.

But on another note, Best Buy's site features the Insignia Kix as the only Insignia brand MP3 Player still on sale.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:12 PM

I bought the NS-4V24 Insignia Pilot mainly to listen to mp3 podcasts and am frustrated with the inability to back up to an earlier time when listening to an mp3 file. Fast forwarding works fine but you should be able to back up just as well. Instead, the mp3 file is restarted.