android
Old 12-30-2008, 02:04 PM

Default Selling ZVM 30, but at what price?

Since I just got a Zune 120, I find I have an extraneous ZVM 30. A friend is interested in buying it, but I'm not sure what to ask for it. I have had it between 1.5 and 1.75 years, it is in excellent condition, and I have the dock, video cable, 2 AC adapters and a couple of cases, including the i-nique "Tuff Luv" for it, and a ZAGG invisibleSHIELD that I've never installed (it's had the official Creative Screen Protector on it since it was a baby, so no screen scratches). The only thing I don't have is the little pouch that came with it, mine started "oozing" some liquid so I tossed it.

eBay has them for between $100 and $125, without the accessories. I'm figuring maybe $150 with all of the goodies.

Anybody have any comments (too much, not enough, etc)?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-31-2008, 06:10 PM

okay, sorry for the off topic, but I really have to find out about this liquid oozing out of the pouch.

Mine was a chamois type material which I started using to clean my glasses and I just can't imagine any liquid oozing out of that thing.

Are there any more details you could provide? That's the weirdest thing I've heard on one of these boards. What was the liquid? Did it smell like bubble gum?

Old 12-31-2008, 08:05 PM

Mine seemed to be chamois, too, but I'm not sure what it was. The goo was kind of oily and sticky, and was getting on the ZVM. I don't recall what if anything it smelled like.

It started happening while the ZVM was in it, and they were inside a CaseLogic camera case, and the whole lot was tucked in a drawer. It didn't get hot or cold, nor was anything else in the drawer affected in any way. I pulled it out to listen to it, and when I touched the pouch it felt a little sticky. I took the ZVM out of it, and it felt like it was stretching, like it was coming apart. I had to clean a few smudges from the outside of the ZVM and the inside of the camera case. I kind of wondered if some of the oils used to tan it were leaking out. It was like it just started deteriorating for some reason, almost like it might have been melting. Maybe it was reacting with the nylon in the camera case, but it was happening on the inside of the pouch, too. It may have needed to "air out" or something.

I tossed it rather than have it completely melt and be a big mess to clean up.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:36 PM

wow that is really weird. never heard of that happening....well, sorry for the hijack. good luck selling. price is reasonable.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by werezenwolf View Post
wow that is really weird. never heard of that happening....well, sorry for the hijack. good luck selling. price is reasonable.
Thanks.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:07 PM

uhh, mine just clunked out. I personally wouldn't buy another one for $150 considering 30GB doesn't go very far with my collection. I'm not sure what I'd pay though. I probably wouldn't pay more than $100.

Last edited by ZenZang; 01-01-2009 at 11:25 PM.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:38 AM

I just got a brand new looking refurbished ZVM off the website for 118 bucks with tax and shipping. So, I'd say that maybe 130-140. That's my opinion. How much you wanna sell the dock for? I am in need of one.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:54 AM

are you sure this ooze was not fruity?
sorry could not resist

Old 01-02-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan92394 View Post
I just got a brand new looking refurbished ZVM off the website for 118 bucks with tax and shipping. So, I'd say that maybe 130-140. That's my opinion. How much you wanna sell the dock for? I am in need of one.
The friend has expressed an interest in the whole package, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrododorF View Post
are you sure this ooze was not fruity?
sorry could not resist
It could have been.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkj1962 View Post
The only thing I don't have is the little pouch that came with it, mine started "oozing" some liquid so I tossed it.
My chamios pouch became very sticky as the time "wore on". I have a hard time getting ZVM in and out now. I usually have it tucked away in a drawer; so there's no chance of fruity thing getting on my pouch. I heard you can wash it, but once washed it gets to be like a hard beef jerky. Anyways, I'm way off the topic.

TS

Old 01-04-2009, 02:59 PM

jkj1962- the reason why FrododorF and werezenwolf were asking about the smell of the sticky substance is due to the composition of the ZVM battery. All ZVM's with the factory battery have a slight fruity scent coming from the docking port. You can research this subject in this forum. It has been discussed in detail.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaware74b View Post
jkj1962- the reason why FrododorF and werezenwolf were asking about the smell of the sticky substance is due to the composition of the ZVM battery. All ZVM's with the factory battery have a slight fruity scent coming from the docking port. You can research this subject in this forum. It has been discussed in detail.
Yes, I knew what he was referring to, mine has/had the same fruity smell. I think the issue with the pouch may have been oils used in the manufacturing process/tanning/etc. leaching out. It's long gone.