android
Old 01-03-2009, 10:37 AM

Default Can't upload vid, please help.

I can upload mp3/wma fine via drag-n-drop. The only file extension it would let me upload for vid is WMV, but it would not play. I tried all different settings for both avi & wmv.

WMP won't sync with the ZVM, stating "It can not change sync setting at the moment. Please try again." It detect the player, but would not sync.

Creative MediaCenter would not even detect the ZVM at all.

I was able to upload video at one point via WMP only, but no longer able to do it now. If anyone know of a solution please let me know.

Here my system info

XP Pro w/ Service Pack 3
WMP 11
Creative MediaCenter 5

Please help me. Thanks.

Last edited by itzstevo; 01-03-2009 at 10:46 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-03-2009, 10:26 PM

Have you tried rebooting into recovery mode and either doing a disk cleanup, re-install the firmware or reformat the player?
IN ORDER OF CAPACITY: RioS30S 64kb/Sansa e130 512kb/iRiverT10 1gb/Sansa e260 4gb/iAudioU3 4gb*DOA/CowonD2 4gb*SOLD/iRiverClix2 8gb/SansaFuze 8gb/SamsungP2 8/iAudio7 16gb/CreativeZVM 30gb/CreativeZVM 60gb/iPodTouch 64gbgb/iPodVideo 80gb :

Old 01-03-2009, 10:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Try checking out this thread and this thread from the video sub-forum.

If you have installed WMP11 and use the Creative software like MediaSource, be sure to install the Patch from Creative that addresses compatibility issues when running together.

ZNVM_PCPatch_LA.exe

Zen FAQ

Old 01-04-2009, 06:36 AM

Uhm, Don't use WMP to sync vids. If youve got alot of vids, or a little, just convert em' with the Creative Video Converter, then just throw 'em directly on your zen through windows explorer. That's what I do, and I have no problems. Ill even let the video converter throw em on there for me. If you have problems getting files to convert, cause of codecs, just install K-Lite Codec Pack from http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

And you'll be good to go.

"Creative MediaCenter would not even detect the ZVM at all."

Like I said, just convert with the converter, and drag em directly onto your zen through windows explorer. Its not hard to do shit yourself.
DHD NTX-2136 AMP
2 12" American Pros, In a Bandpass box

Old 01-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan92394 View Post
Uhm, Don't use WMP to sync vids. If youve got alot of vids, or a little, just convert em' with the Creative Video Converter, then just throw 'em directly on your zen through windows explorer. That's what I do, and I have no problems.
From the OP's first sentence, they state that they are utilizing drag-and-drop to place video files on the ZVM:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzstevo View Post
I can upload mp3/wma fine via drag-n-drop. The only file extension it would let me upload for vid is WMV, but it would not play. I tried all different settings for both avi & wmv.
The OP also mentions that when syncing (anything) with WMP, there is an error. So, the issue is more serious than not being able to sync/convert videos with WMP:

Quote:
WMP won't sync with the ZVM, stating "It can not change sync setting at the moment. Please try again." It detect the player, but would not sync.
Quote:
Its not hard to do shit yourself.
No, it isn't that hard for most to do themselves. However, the OP is stating they are trying to do "shit" themselves and the process is not working the way it should.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-04-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
From the OP's first sentence, they state that they are utilizing drag-and-drop to place video files on the ZVM:

The OP also mentions that when syncing (anything) with WMP, there is an error. So, the issue is more serious than not being able to sync/convert videos with WMP:

No, it isn't that hard for most to do themselves. However, the OP is stating they are trying to do "shit" themselves and the process is not working the way it should.

He said he was using drag and drop tactics for audio, not video. I was making the point that he should do the same for video files. >.>
DHD NTX-2136 AMP

Old 01-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The OP specifically mentions WMV's and AVI's:

Quote:
The only file extension it would let me upload for vid is WMV, but it would not play. I tried all different settings for both avi & wmv.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-04-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
The OP specifically mentions WMV's and AVI's:

He mentions that as in Windows media player lets him upload it....Or so Im guessing, Im saying to Put the video files on the ZVM through windows explorer manually.
DHD NTX-2136 AMP

Old 01-04-2009, 09:18 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Which is what the OP is saying they are doing. WMP doesn't get mentioned until the next paragraph when they begin mentioning trying other methods.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-04-2009, 09:25 PM

Reguardless of where it was mentioned, Im assuming he used WMP to upload the video. There is absolutly no reason that If your player is seen by the computer, and you can access the players media library, that the video file would not work, unless there is a type of codec error. Like I stated above Convert the File using Creative Video Converter, and put it directly into the Videos folder on yoru player, and it *WILL* work, reguardless of any other thing stated, period. If by some reason it does not, Then their is nothing wrong with the computer, or cables or whatever, It is purely the Player that is having problems. At which point I would suggest a Reflash of Firmware, and a reset, and if still no lcuk returning it to creative for a replacement. And that is the bottom line.
DHD NTX-2136 AMP

Old 01-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
There is absolutly no reason that If your player is seen by the computer, and you can access the players media library, that the video file would not work, unless there is a type of codec error.
Not necessarily. There are many aspects to a video not being playable. Supported codecs yes, but also resolution, errors in the conversion, errors within MTP transportation or communication..... Just take a look around this forum (video sub-forum) and you can see plenty of examples.

Quote:
If by some reason it does not, Then their is nothing wrong with the computer, or cables or whatever, It is purely the Player that is having problems.
Majority of the time, the issue is with the computer and not the Zen. Computer meaning MTP, driver, corrupt files, incompatible data....

Zen FAQ

Old 01-04-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Not necessarily. There are many aspects to a video not being playable. Supported codecs yes, but also resolution, errors in the conversion, errors within MTP transportation or communication..... Just take a look around this forum (video sub-forum) and you can see plenty of examples.

Majority of the time, the issue is with the computer and not the Zen. Computer meaning MTP, driver, corrupt files, incompatible data....
Yah, this statement is also 100% accurate. These factors are also governing weather or not it will work. But, These are all easily fixed. Its basically just you need to get the rigth video format/resolution settings, which Creative Video Converter does. I have yet to have a problem, accept when I was trying to convert Mp4 Files. As long as you have all video file codecs, which are easily found in packages, like K Lite Codec Pack, theres minimal problems.
DHD NTX-2136 AMP

Old 01-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
But, These are all easily fixed.
Yeah, maybe for some, but many that end up posting here have a hard time with this. Sometimes, they are not so easily fixed.

Quote:
Its basically just you need to get the rigth video format/resolution settings, which Creative Video Converter does.
Yes, if a conversion issue is your problem.

Quote:
I have yet to have a problem, accept when I was trying to convert Mp4 Files. For some reason my Zen doesnt play Mp4 files. >.> But it states that it does on the website.
I do not recall Creative's site ever saying the ZVM supports MP4. It doesn't say so currently as well.

Quote:
Video Playback Format<SUP>4</SUP>:
Quote:
MPEG1/2/4-SP, WMV9, Motion-JPEG, compatible DivX 4 and 5, XviD and AVI

Zen FAQ

Old 01-05-2009, 03:32 AM
Ultra Senior Member

To the OP: Have you tried Popcorn's advice? If so, please post back with the results.

Another thing to consider is how much space you have left on your player. Videos can be pretty large, and if your player is full of music, there may not be enough space for your videos as well.

*sits back and watches the tennis match in progress*

Old 01-05-2009, 05:14 AM

That's right, I got confused with the MPEGs. lol
DHD NTX-2136 AMP

Old 01-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hopefully the OP will post soon. He did state he was able to get WMV files to copy over, so it sounds like there is adequate space. It would be nice to know what happens when trying to copy over AVI's and what the error message says (if there is one).

itzstevo: Keep in mind if you do a Format, your files will be erased.

Zen FAQ