android
Old 11-19-2008, 09:45 AM

Default ANYTHING going on with the Insignia players?

I just want to know because I have two other MP3 players that are comparable.. No sense in keeping a player or pledging allegiance to a brand that no longer plans on releasing firmware or future players.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-21-2008, 06:47 PM

If BestBuy was serious about supporting the Insignia brand, then at least the Pilot would have a bug fixed FW update after a year you'd think?

If they release a new player, plan on not seeing new FW. Even a simple bug fix.
Paying retail for a lousy supported player is a choice some consumers are willing to pay.

Now after dragging their arse on bug fixes on the NS-DV, the massive returns made the player fairly cheap stocking stuffers ;-)

Same with the Pilot, can be had for well under $50 shipped on the 8GB, which is an OK deal today.
The Pilot really is not worth over $60, yet some folks felt the 8 giger was worth $100 new, go figure.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:30 PM

Cool FW for DV - when, ever?

Yes, it's been a loooong time since 1.93, which was a beta at that.

Curious, do you know if the software generally runs on the DV, Pilot and Sport? Ie hope they might upgrade the newer model's FW and it would work for the DV.

Anyway, been satisfied w/my DV except for the lack of true bookmarks (won't pick up within a 'genre' selection of multiple files). So just pause and turn it off. But can't play anything else in the interim.

What I'd really love is something that could create Audible type files, those have a great pause feature.

M

[quote=nobs;301691]If BestBuy was serious about supporting the Insignia brand, then at least the Pilot would have a bug fixed FW update after a year you'd think?

If they release a new player, plan on not seeing new FW. Even a simple bug fix.
Paying retail for a lousy supported player is a choice some consumers are willing to pay.

Now after dragging their arse on bug fixes on the NS-DV, the massive returns made the player fairly cheap stocking stuffers ;-)

Old 01-15-2009, 07:07 PM

all, just looked at Best Buy, and did a search for Insignia. unfortunately, not a single portable mp3 player