android
Old 01-15-2009, 09:28 AM

Default spinn playlist function

did almost buy cowon s9 but found out that it had no "create a playlist" function. (phew)

so i am considering iriver spinn then but does it have "create a playlist" from the player? does it give the user the oppurtunity to create multiple playlist?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-16-2009, 04:02 AM

Default Simplistic To Go playlist and many more faults

[QUOTE=.....

so i am considering iriver spinn then but does it have "create a playlist" from the player? does it give the user the oppurtunity to create multiple playlist?[/QUOTE]

Hi, I have the SPINN.

1. It has a create a playlist on-the-go function. This is what you are asking for.
BUT
2. You can create only one playlist. You can not edit it other than removing /adding songs from/to it. It is not dynamic: if you try to add a title to the list while listening to it, it won't appear automatically there, but you have to restart the list. It is not like "add to que" on the clix 2.
3. No "Add to Que" function, for me a great omission. Clix 2 could do it. Clix 2 could add whole artists, albums and genres to either To Go or to the Que.
4. Rating function with notes 1 to 5. Can be used only from the Now Playing screen though (again as opposed to clix 2). Not tested if dynamic
5. Only single titles can be added to the To Go list, one by one, not artist or albums or genres at a time (again, this could be done by the clix 2). Though the drag and drop adding to the To Go playlist is simply fantastic, it is very easy and very fast. The best I have seen on a digital player. (never touched an iPod Touch though).
6. Really believe me, no option to play a whole artist, or a whole genre. Only one album at a time (and as I mensioned, no easy way to create a playlist with more than one album; if you try to merge the artist's albums on the player you are out of luck).

I have no hope that this will be added to the player with a firmware update, although this is really easy.

Greetings

Last edited by LoGu; 01-16-2009 at 02:14 PM. Reason: spelling errors

Old 01-16-2009, 04:12 AM

Thank you, this was very informative