android
Old 01-18-2009, 12:39 PM

Default File fomats question

I'm on the fence with buying any Cowon now. I keep hearing that the A3 does not surpport the file formats it claims it can. Whats the deal with this company? Are they lying about what their player can do or what? Can someone give me the real deal about the files formats it plays out of the box,because i'm really confused now.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-22-2009, 02:36 AM

For me: xvid, divx, h264 & mpeg4 work, VOB does not. The A3 recognizes it as a video file, but won't play it. It had no idea what an ogg video (ogv) was at all, and I haven't tried anything in a matroska container yet, although I'd be happy to try one if someone makes a sample available. Oh, I can also confirm that it reads srt subtitle files.
Is there a specific format you'd like confirmed?

Old 01-22-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by us/ak/bharris View Post
For me: xvid, divx, h264 & mpeg4 work, VOB does not. The A3 recognizes it as a video file, but won't play it. It had no idea what an ogg video (ogv) was at all, and I haven't tried anything in a matroska container yet, although I'd be happy to try one if someone makes a sample available. Oh, I can also confirm that it reads srt subtitle files.
Is there a specific format you'd like confirmed?
I was interested to know if h264 and matroska formats would work, because i kept hearing that it didn't.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:34 PM

So far, h264 has been fine for me, but the movies I have in that format probably have a fairly low bitrate, as they're heavily compressed copies of old movies from the Internet Archives. If you have a matroska that you could upload to RapidShare or similar hosting site, I'd be happy to test it.