android
Old 01-28-2009, 02:18 PM

Default Operation with case?

Hello there

Yes this is another "No, I don't have a Fuze but help me out and I soon might" threads.

I'm just wondering, people in this forum seem keen to put their fuze's in cases, but I'm thinking that something that small and light would not need a case. I am someone who takes good care of their gadgets, but I operate my Cowon D2 without a case, and it feels more natural.

Thoughts?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-28-2009, 04:08 PM

The Fuze scratches very easily. All I got for protection is a foil for the screen. It does protect the screen fine, but the rest of the front side wasn't spared from some quite visible scratches. This attribute of the Fuze is one of its biggest downsides.

Its your choice - as long as the screen isn't scratched, I personally don't care that much about it.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:37 PM

I just keep it in the little sleeve that comes with it to keep it from getting beat up in my satchel. When I'm using it in my pocket or on my desk I don't worry about it. Of course, I don't watch videos so a scratch on the screen would not be such a big deal.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:28 PM

it does need a case as it does scratch easily as was said before. I have mine in a clear hard poly case and it goes anywhere and I carry it in just about anything. I have dropped it a couple of times on hardwood floors. Never worry about it. When I take the case off it looks just like the day I bought it.

On the downside I have to take the case off to charge/transfer and to change microSD cards. I figure it's worth it for the protection it affords.

A person like yourself who takes care of his DAP's should think about getting a case for this little powerhouse.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 01-28-2009, 08:44 PM

I think I will get a crystal case, then. There are ebay ads for both clear and black, which is better? I am thinking clear...

Old 01-28-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhelliwell View Post
I think I will get a crystal case, then. There are ebay ads for both clear and black, which is better? I am thinking clear...
yes, I have a clear case. Protects plus you'll be able to see the screen better.
Sansa e260v1 Rockboxed 8GB microsdhc
Sansa Fuze 8GB 16GB microSDHC

Old 01-28-2009, 10:31 PM

I have the Clear Crystal case from BargainCell through Amazon on my Fuze, and it is excellent protection. The case has openings for the card and sync cable, although I had to trim the edges ever so slightly for the sync cable to connect properly. I carry it and earphones in the hard shell case that is with the 3-in-1 kit from HandStands. It easily fits in either a pants pocket or shirt pocket.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:18 AM

I have the "Black" version of this case:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270335153365

It is fantastic. Light and and fits very tightly to the Fuze. Also very protective, but allows full access to on/off switch, microSD slot, and sync slot with no problems.

All the best.