android
Old 01-30-2009, 01:43 AM

Default Problem with Zen V

I droped my mp3 player into water . I let it dry for couple of days. Now i turned it on. IT WORKS!!

BUT, not properly. I can't do anything because the player kinda run through the menu . It does whatever it wants (changes songs or volume etc.)

And i
t seems that the problem is with the buttons too. For example, i hold joystick button to right, to forward song but it does nothing.

And when player play song, the screen doesn't like shut down. I don't know how to say it, like goes idle or like darkens.(well you got the point-it suppose to shut down to save power.)

I opened my player and cleaned it from the inside with cotton bud, but still no effect. Then i installed the latest firmware, but still nothing.

Is that's it? You have to help me, i don't know what to do .
PS. the warranty time has expired.
PPS. sorry for my bad english

EDITps sorry, wrong sub-forum

Last edited by walts; 01-30-2009 at 07:32 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-30-2009, 08:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walts View Post
I droped my mp3 player into water . I let it dry for couple of days. Now i turned it on. IT WORKS!!
Yeah, this can happen. Especially if you allow for proper dry time.

Quote:
BUT, not properly. I can't do anything because the player kinda run through the menu . It does whatever it wants (changes songs or volume etc.)

And it seems that the problem is with the buttons too. For example, i hold joystick button to right, to forward song but it does nothing.
The Zen may need a new control board/pad. However, I believe the joystick is mounted to the mainboard. So it is possible a new mainboard would be needed if the joystick can't be replaced. You can try taking the lower part of the case off to take a look and see if there any visual indications of the joystick being bad/loose. Here are a couple of videos of the disassembly here and here.

Quote:
I opened my player and cleaned it from the inside with cotton bud, but still no effect. Then i installed the latest firmware, but still nothing.
If any of the parts are bad, opening it up and cleaning it may not help.

Quote:
EDITps sorry, wrong sub-forum
Moved to correct sub-forum.

Zen FAQ

Old 01-31-2009, 09:26 AM

Allready opened player, but didnt see anything wrong.
So it means im dead?
My mom will kill me if she'll hear about that.

Old 01-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You most likely won't "see" anything wrong unless there is a major burn from a short circuit or something, but if that was the case the controls probably wouldn't work at all. Do you still have the control issues in Recovery Mode?

Zen FAQ

Old 02-01-2009, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyRS View Post
Do you still have the control issues in Recovery Mode?
yes

the problem is with all buttons, they almost ALL do only one function- go forward in option only volume buttons work propperly. So i can't even play any song any more, because the ''play'' button is nowhere

ok, thanks for your help anyway.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Ultra Senior Member

It looks as though you need a new mainboard since the controls are connected to it. If you just recently purchased it, return it or contact Creative for repair if under warranty.

Returning your Zen to Creative for warranty service.
Creative Warranty Returns FAQ.

Even if outside of the warranty period, you can still have Creative repair the Zen V for a fee. If it is out of the warranty and you don't want to send it in for repair and feel like you can do the repair yourself, you can try places like EBay to find as-is Zen V's to obtain a replacement mainboard. Here are a couple of videos of the disassembly here and here that should help. Good luck!

Zen FAQ